Check out my signal chain for tomarrow.

Loren Littlejohn

Lover of all boobage.
Drums of course. :kickass:

Check out my chain:

Kick: Audix D6--Benchmark mps400 pre--->Benchmark A/D-->Pro Tools HD 7

Snare top: sm57--->Benchmark pre--->UA compressor (can't fucking remember the model)--->benchmark A/D-->pro tools HD 7

Snare bottom: Senn 441--->TC gold --->digi 192 A/D---PTHD 7

Hats: SM81--->Presonus M80 (lol)--->192 I/O --->PTHD 7

Overheads: 2X AKG 414--->Benchmark pre--->massive passive--->Possibly something else---->Benchmark A/D--->PTHD 7

Toms: 2X MD421---->Stereo Summit preamp (summit audio)--->Manley Vari-Mu--->Digi 192 I/O---PTHD 7

Room mics: 2 TC30K (earthworks)--->(not sure) probably ampex preamps--->192 I/O--->PTHD 7

Drums of course. :kickass:

Check out my chain:

Kick: Audix D6--Benchmark mps400 pre--->Benchmark A/D-->Pro Tools HD 7

Snare top: sm57--->Benchmark pre--->UA compressor (can't fucking remember the model)--->benchmark A/D-->pro tools HD 7

Snare bottom: Senn 441--->TC gold --->digi 192 A/D---PTHD 7

Hats: SM81--->Presonus M80 (lol)--->192 I/O --->PTHD 7

Overheads: 2X AKG 414--->Benchmark pre--->massive passive--->Possibly something else---->Benchmark A/D--->PTHD 7

Toms: 2X MD421---->Stereo Summit preamp (summit audio)--->Manley Vari-Mu--->Digi 192 I/O---PTHD 7

Room mics: 2 TC30K (earthworks)--->(not sure) probably ampex preamps--->192 I/O--->PTHD 7

Dude, holy shit, this better sound freakin' spectacular! Why the Benchmark pres for the kick/snare, though? I seem to remember from talking with a dude from the company at NAMM that they make their pres to be SUPER transparent (like Millennia status), so I'd think they'd be better for OH's and a more colored pre better for kick/snare.

Oh, and I give you props for your grammar/spelling improving immensely in the past year, but it's "tomOrrow." Just FYI! :)

:lol: The "possibly something else" is more than likley going to be another compressor. Maybe a Urei LA-4?

Don't know a lot of that is what they recommend (it will be my first time recording there).

I could be wrong with the benchmarks as well, I can't remember if the snare was running through them or the Focusrite ISA430. It's probably that :lol:.

Marcus: Your definitely right the benchmarks are VERY transparent. Actually if I was doing room impulses that would be the pre to do them through.

Oh and I'm signing out a couple of Sony high def cameras from school and documenting the whole thing. So video when it's done (well as fast as I can throw it together).