Check These Guys Out Now!!!!

nightwish58

Feb 11, 2002
New York
Visit site
I just recently discovered a band from Austria called Serenity. Unfortunately, all they have put out is a self financed ep called Engraved Within which is already sold out. However, I was in touch with the lead singer and they are currently in Dreamscape Studios in Germany recording material for their first album which hopefully will be out in the summertime.

Here is the link to their site where you download some amazing sound samples. http://www.serenity-band.com/
These guys have their shit together and are definitely going to create a buzz in the near future. At the end of his e-mail to me, he actually referenced Prog Power USA and said that maybe they will be afforded the opportunity to play in 2007. I hope it works out as I was completely blown away by their demo material.

I can't listen here at work, but when I first saw the band's name and CD artwork, I immediately thought of this old Scottish band:

20855.jpg

Anyway, I'll check these guys out when I get home.

nightwish58 said:
At the end of his e-mail to me, he actually referenced Prog Power USA and said that maybe they will be afforded the opportunity to play in 2007. I hope it works out as I was completely blown away by their demo material.

Okay, but keep in mind that, generally, when unknown bands reference the idea of playing ProgPower USA, it's generally just wishful thinking. It doesn't mean they've actually had a conversation with Harv.

booB said:
Okay, but keep in mind that, generally, when unknown bands reference the idea of playing ProgPower USA, it's generally just wishful thinking. It doesn't mean they've actually had a conversation with Harv.

Agreed, I'm sure they never had a conversation with the man, and odds are they won't be playing, but when an unknown band like this catches my attention and even alludes to perhaps playing PP one day, I like to let it be known. What happens from here is up to Glenn and the band...