check this article out

I just moved to New Orleans 2 1/2 weeks ago for college! I was sharing a rental house there. From what I've been able to gather, the area that my house is in got flooded really bad. It goes without saying that it sucks, really bad. I wasn't able to get much stuff out, but I'm sort of beyond caring about that. I lived on the MS coast from 6-12th grade, and most of my high school friends' homes are gone. It's not cool.

Thanks, things could definitely be a lot worse for me that's for sure.

On a side note, when I was packing some of my stuff together and grabbing some essential CDs, I made sure to get the motW CDs since they're out of print and actually not replaceable. :)

jeepers

Police: Miss. Man Kills Sister Over Bag Of Ice

POSTED: 12:14 am EDT September 1, 2005
UPDATED: 5:53 am EDT September 1, 2005

HATTIESBURG, Miss. -- Police in Hattiesburg, Miss., said a man fatally shot his sister in the head over a bag of ice.

Authorities say 35-year-old Antonio Page shot his sister with a handgun on a street corner Tuesday night.

absolut, glad to hear you're OK - so you actually did evacuate during the last few days, or were you already out of there?

how long did it take you to get out?

yeah i evacuated on saturday night, it was really bizarre. i turned on the tv while i was eating breakfast and basically all the news people were making it completely clear that everyone needed to get out as soon as possible.
i had to fill up the car with gas, and that took hours, but we finally left at 7 in the evening.
it took probably two and a half hours to get out of the city, which wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.