Check THIS band out...

Ultima Ibanez Overlord

-=The Dude Abides=-
Mar 17, 2002
999 letsby avenue
www.mp3.com
Has anyone heard of Sweden's Wolverine? I got given a link to their stuff a couple of weeks ago. I was told they are a kind of mixture of Pain of Salvation, Dream Theater and Opeth. I think it's a pretty good description of their stuff.
Their website can be found at www.wolverine-overdose.com

The vocals have two "styles". Their lead singer sings cleanly and sounds a little like Zero Hour's vocalist at points. But the bassist does growl vocals quite a bit, too.
I'm not a fan of growl vocals, so I tend to ignore those. But since Opeth fans must surely like growl, you'll all probably like it.

Check them out

I have "The Window Purpose" and I think it's quite good, especially Leaving Yesterday and Towards Loss. The vocal melodies/harmonies in Leaving Yesterday are sooooo good, and Towards Loss is just one great riff after another. Also, that one section of Towards Loss at about 4:43 where the vocalist layers his vocals like three times is incredible.

I purchased The Window Purpose a few days ago from The End records, it's a very impressive album, I think they will kick arse with the new album they are recording now, apparently the singer is singing more within his natural range this time, which could make the vox better than they already are.

Highly Recommended!!:headbang:

It's very funny when people think they're the first to have heard of a band. I've had the Window Purpose for a year and change now. It's good. Their new album promises to be good too.

i really like again.

IanDork107 said:
It's very funny when people think they're the first to have heard of a band.
if that's "very funny" i bet you spend your days laughing :err:

Wolverine is one of my favorite bands. I can't get enough of the dark madness of "The Window Purpose". Can't wait for the new album... which sounds like it will be quite weird (in a good way), according to their online studio journal. I believe it's the drummer who does the growls, not the bassist.

IanDork is either a proprietory wanker like Black Spirit or has a shit sense of humour which is used on baseless jokes.

ProgMetalFan, I'm pretty sure it's the bassist. The keyboard player from Wolverine was talking about thier stuff with me on the Power of Omens forum. But I'll have to check, since it might be my faulty memory.

Hmm, I just looked over the conversations with Wolverine's keyboard player, and there's no mention of the bassist doing the growls. It appears I invented that. Sorry.
Luckily for me, he says that there'll be hardly any growl on their new album, too :)

Ultima Ibanez Overlord said:
Hmm, I just looked over the conversations with Wolverine's keyboard player, and there's no mention of the bassist doing the growls. It appears I invented that. Sorry.
Luckily for me, he says that there'll be hardly any growl on their new album, too :)

Like some of you say, it is our drummer that does the growls :). As for the new album... If I remember correctly the growls are in the background on 2 songs, so it's not a lot for sure :D.

Thanks for spreading the word Ibanez! And thanks to all you others for the great response! :oops:
:headbang:

//Bagge - Wolverine

Ultima Ibanez Overlord said:
Has anyone heard of Sweden's Wolverine? I got given a link to their stuff a couple of weeks ago. I was told they are a kind of mixture of Pain of Salvation, Dream Theater and Opeth. I think it's a pretty good description of their stuff.
Their website can be found at www.wolverine-overdose.com

The vocals have two "styles". Their lead singer sings cleanly and sounds a little like Zero Hour's vocalist at points. But the bassist does growl vocals quite a bit, too.
I'm not a fan of growl vocals, so I tend to ignore those. But since Opeth fans must surely like growl, you'll all probably like it.

Check them out

already have checked them out, and isn't it rhe drummer who does the growls, and bassist the lead singer? i'm too lazy to go look at my copy of The Window Purpose.