Check this mess around mix?

Feb 15, 2014
Louisiana
Hey guys I haven't posted here in a while because I never get feedback here :p
I was having some fun on this song. Opinions on the mix or opinions in general?

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I hate soundcloud because I can never tell if it's soundcloud or the actual mix that has the issues.

As it sounds I find the drum arrangement kind of odd at parts like around 1:20. I like the overall mix though, the drums sound pretty familiar sample wise, but I mean if you are going for the typical metalcore thing it's kind of expected I suppose. Maybe the snare could use a bit more thud, but honestly, I can't hear anything that says, wow, that's fucking bad.

Honestly, I hate soundcloud because I can never tell if it's soundcloud or the actual mix that has the issues.

As it sounds I find the drum arrangement kind of odd at parts like around 1:20. I like the overall mix though, the drums sound pretty familiar sample wise, but I mean if you are going for the typical metalcore thing it's kind of expected I suppose. Maybe the snare could use a bit more thud, but honestly, I can't hear anything that says, wow, that's fucking bad.

Thanks for the feedback! And yes I was kind of going for I guess typical metalcore sound, unfortunately that's all my style is good for. And the part at 1:20 was something different for me. I thought I'd try to give like a pump/build up sounding part for that, since the next riff in the song is my favorite. Thought the two riffs don't exactly sound similar so it doesn't play as cool as I wanted. And yeah the samples are typical superior drummer. I'd love to get a real drummer but I am nowhere near the level of being able to record drummers. I know what you mean about the snare. I think I may play with it more. I am not really satisfied with either the kick or snare. I am using Reaper's stock compression I am starting to think this may be the problem, or at least part of why my sound is lacking.
I've tried everything on the kick with the EQ and such but I don't get that metalcore sounding kick.
Man I hate sounding so generic but it's really fun. Like I want the typical kick because I don't really know how to do anything different. The snare too, I want to find a good compressor (preferably free) that works well for drums.
Oh about the soundcloud thing, If I am getting to the point where the compression in soundcloud/youtube is something, then my mixes must not be ass bad lol. I just am at the tip of mixing though