Checkout this Meshuggah clip (tuned in Fb with a baritone)!!

wayy over-compressed for my liking and pumping, and you didn't do the best part of the song that comes right after this part.

Either way, guitar sound cool. Hard to get 'em to sound decent in Fb, but you did a good job.

:headbang:

Yeah definitely too overcompressed. It sounds like the core sounds you have going are quite good. I just wouldn't treat them so aggresively. It all just blends into a wall of mush rather than letting each individual element cut through.

Agree with CJ about cutting it off just before the best part of the song :)

I think Spasm is the only song on Nothing were the bass is an octave lower (if it even is.. that song is doooown to Bb!!!(octave)

I think in general, what they're doing is having the bass tuned the same, so it's more or less 3x distorted bass. I think they've mentioned that the first seed of the '8 string' idea.. long before it happened, was to just use bass.

Anyway, the guitars have been re-recorded for the forthcoming Nothing re-release. I can't wait to hear that, reviews say it's like a hearing a new album.

Anyone heard their remix/interpretation of Ramstienns 'Benzin'... motherfucking heavy as shit. Shows the whole 8 string sound perfected I reckon. Just crushing.