Chelsea Wolfe

WNxScythe

May 16, 2004
Anyone know her? I just heard her open at a rock concert I was at tonight and was blown away. Bought all her discography that was available and ran home and bought the one CD that wasn't on Amazon.

I wouldn't be surprised if some people on here could get really into this. It has a very dark, mystical vibe, and is kind of trance-like in a way not too far off the kind of vibe I get from Drudkh (thinking of their debut here especially - my personal favorite) but with a more post-rock/metal edge (textures remind me most of Neurosis), though it's a lot more stripped down than say a GY!BE song or the like.

Interestingly she actually has a cover of a Burzum song --- probably blasphemous to the kvlt crowd but I frankly liked it more than the original.

I haven't had the time to listen to all of her stuff yet but I've listened to her latest several times and it's fantastic IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, great stuff that suits some metal fans. Too mellow for me I guess but I'll definitey see her live if I get the chance. I was lucky enough to have one of my tracks appear on a compilation alongside one of hers, so it was cool to see a no-name artist finally find the fanbase she'd always been worthy of.

I love her voice, reminds me of Motorcycle. I don't like how atmospheric that particular song was though, needs a more obnoxious breakdown or two :Smokedev:

She's a talented songwriter; it is known. And she recently appeared on the GoT season 4 trailer:

Last edited by a moderator: