Chicago Area Show: Novembers Doom, Twelfth Gate, Disinter & more, this Sat, the 25th!

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
ALL AGES - ALL DAY!!!

Saturday, June 25th
Showtime: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Tickets: $8

Featuring:

NOVEMBERS DOOM
TWELFTH GATE
DISINTER
WITHERING SOUL
EMPYREAN SKY
FALLEN EMPIRE
LUMINARY
CARDIAC ARREST
CLAD IN DARKNESS
ANGELFIRE

Where:

WHEATON GRAND THEATER
123 North Hale Street
Wheaton, IL
630-221-0667
(3-4 blocks from Metra station)

Hope to see some of you locals there!!

For band links & venue info, go to http://www.wheatongrand.net/music.html

Yeah, but can you drink there?
dancfshirt.jpg

"all day"? at least it's only $8. that's a good ticket price so people don't have to feel bad if they only come for one or two bands. and if everything actually runs on time, 11pm finish is actually kind of early. whoever plays last could get screwed if things fall behind though. have fun.

chupe666 said:
"all day"? at least it's only $8. that's a good ticket price so people don't have to feel bad if they only come for one or two bands. and if everything actually runs on time, 11pm finish is actually kind of early. whoever plays last could get screwed if things fall behind though. have fun.

Yeah, that would be us. lol

But of course we get the usual, "but you guys are the HEADLINERS!!!" hahaha Yeah okay, it's more like "but you guys have to play last because none of the other bands are stupid enough to take that spot!" That's really what it boils down to. Hey I begrudge no other bands nor the promoters or whomever about it, because we feel the same way they do. But I just get aggravated when people yank my chain and act like we should be playing last because we're "headliners". We'll be the first to admit straight up that we don't have strong drawing power when it comes to local shows. Regardless, I'm going to play the show and have a good time and if everyone splits before we play, well that sucks but that'll pretty much just solidfy our point that playing last on an all day bill sucks. I'm sorry if this pisses anyone off but that's just the truth.

Im out. Rami got me Cubs vs. Sox tickets for Saturday.
I love seeing metrosexuals wearing sandals with no socks crying when the Sox whomp on their pitiful team.

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
But of course we get the usual, "but you guys are the HEADLINERS!!!" hahaha Yeah okay, it's more like "but you guys have to play last because none of the other bands are stupid enough to take that spot!" That's really what it boils down to. Hey I begrudge no other bands nor the promoters or whomever about it, because we feel the same way they do. But I just get aggravated when people yank my chain and act like we should be playing last because we're "headliners". We'll be the first to admit straight up that we don't have strong drawing power when it comes to local shows. Regardless, I'm going to play the show and have a good time and if everyone splits before we play, well that sucks but that'll pretty much just solidfy our point that playing last on an all day bill sucks. I'm sorry if this pisses anyone off but that's just the truth.

Oh, I totally agree with you bro...MOST of the time that's true, but that was definitely not the intent here...it was purely & sincerely an "out of respect" thing. I know you're thinking that I'm probably full of shit, and I don't blame you...but this is the same reason why it was my choice to have you guys as one of our headliners for the Chicago Powerfest in 2004. In my eyes, you guys are a killer band that's been around longer than 90% of the metal bands around Chicago, & therefore deserve nothing less than to be headliners...especially when playing along side us, or any other metal band from this area. Maybe I am being delusional, but these are my personal feelings...wrong or right. :p

Also, I know both you & Paul have expressed your feelings, and I apologize for any aggravation stemming from your time slot. Therefore, since I helped put this show together & will work (to the point of being a dick if I have to) to make sure everything runs smoothly, I'll put my money where my mouth is, and we'll be happy to swap slots with you guys.

I only have one condition...if I overhear anyone saying "why the hell is Novembers Doom playing before Twelfth Gate", or anything like "who the hell is Twelfth Gate, that they're playing after Novembers Doom"...you owe me a beer!! ;) Unfortunately though, if that does happen, it'll have to wait until next time I see you because there's no alcohol at this show/venue...sorry, you can thank the venue for that. :yell:

I sincerely hope you're wrong about both your draw for this show & about people leaving early because of the "all day" thing...that would just be a shame.

Therefore, you guys are now scheduled to go on from 9:00 to 9:40...no ifs, ands, or butts (except for the nice round female kind)...hehe. Also, has Vito talked to you about the guitar cabinets? I hope that's cool...

See you guys on Saturday...I'm really looking forward to the show!! :headbang:

Take care,
Rob

Alright, first and foremost let me say I'm sorry because I really wasn't directing that rant of mine at you Rob. Looking back now at the context of this thread and my rant, I should've realised it would be construed that way by you and others and now I feel really bad! I was really referring to a general situation that we've been put through many times at many different shows in the past where other bands and promoters have tried to put us on at a shitty late time slot because basically noone else wants that slot, so they convince us that we should do it because we're "headliners". In the case of this show Saturday, Rob, you've been very accomodating to us all along and understood the things we've asked for in terms of stage time and backline and all that. I didn't mean for my rant to come off so callous towards you in any way. Whether its a 9 pm slot or a 9:50 slot, either is fine with us, as neither are really really late into the night, which was our initial concern (when we thought we wouldn't be getting offstage until much later at night, in the earlier stages of planning this gig) We're going to be sharing gear so it's not like whoever plays first can just up and start heading home anyhow!!

So again let me say publicly that I apologise if this seemed directed towards Twelfth Gate, I didn't mean for it to be. You guys are awesome and we're looking forward to playing this show! And I'll gladly buy you a beer sometime regardless of whether people complain about who played first or not hehe....

We'll see you on Saturday man. Take it easy!

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
Alright, first and foremost let me say I'm sorry because I really wasn't directing that rant of mine at you Rob. Looking back now at the context of this thread and my rant, I should've realised it would be construed that way by you and others and now I feel really bad! I was really referring to a general situation that we've been put through many times at many different shows in the past where other bands and promoters have tried to put us on at a shitty late time slot because basically noone else wants that slot, so they convince us that we should do it because we're "headliners". In the case of this show Saturday, Rob, you've been very accomodating to us all along and understood the things we've asked for in terms of stage time and backline and all that. I didn't mean for my rant to come off so callous towards you in any way. Whether its a 9 pm slot or a 9:50 slot, either is fine with us, as neither are really really late into the night, which was our initial concern (when we thought we wouldn't be getting offstage until much later at night, in the earlier stages of planning this gig) We're going to be sharing gear so it's not like whoever plays first can just up and start heading home anyhow!!

So again let me say publicly that I apologise if this seemed directed towards Twelfth Gate, I didn't mean for it to be. You guys are awesome and we're looking forward to playing this show! And I'll gladly buy you a beer sometime regardless of whether people complain about who played first or not hehe....

We'll see you on Saturday man. Take it easy!

Dude!! There is absolutely NOTHING to apologize for. I totally knew where you were coming from, and definitely did not take anything you said personally, nor did I really think it was directed at me. My only motivation behind my response is that I wanted to set myself apart from all your past situations where these issues have been a factor.

Trust me, we've had that exact same thing happen to us several times, and it pisses me off just as much as it does you guys. I just wanted you to know that I try my hardest to NOT do to other bands what we don't want done to us...and I want to treat this show no different than any professional show/fest...where the showcased/headlining band gets the best slot & highest honors. Every single show I have anything to do with in terms of organization, I try to establish a complete brotherhood atmosphere...and I certainly think we have that at this show. Every single bands seems to be excited about sharing the stage with all the other bands...this show should be a lot a fun...I hope. :)

Also, I realize how hard it is to believe local shows can actually run smoothly without at least one or two bands (especially the ones "headlining") getting screwed, but I take pride in making sure my shows run as smoothly as physically & electronically possible. I promise I'll do everything in my power/ability to make sure no one gets outta line...I also have no problems pulling the plug on a a band that fucks with the flow. I highly doubt that will happen here, but if it does...

No worries...don't even think about it another second. We're all good, and we're really looking forward to playing this show with you guys. I hope this is merely the first in many more to come!!

Take care bro!!
Rob