Chicago Area Show: Novembers Doom, Twelfth Gate, Disinter & more, this Sat, the 25th!

The only time Sox park sells out is when the cubs are there. The team can be in first place, and no one cares. Cubs could be in dead last, and it's standing room only, every game. That's fans. True fans. If the cubs make it to the world series, you watch and see all the south siders jump on the band wagon.

Pshaw.

Novembers Paul said:
Easy there south side bitch, some of us are CUB fans!

Yeah...

What's with the Sox and them whining about everything? I mean they complain about Wrigley field where they play less than 1% of their games during a season, yet they feel it important to cry about how big the dug out is, and how much the stadium sucks. Give me a fucking break, just shut up and get three measley games out of 162 out of the way.

6-2...

Yes.

But back to the show...

I missed you guys, sorry about that. Actually I missed about 1/2 the show. I was exhuasted from being up 24 hours, stupid work. The other 3/5ths of the band were there though. Hope everything went well (and from speaking with my vocalist he said everything was great)

We went to the game. Started tailgating at noon.
5 minutes into the game, it was 4-0 Cubs, and I was crying like a girl scout.
Drunk by 5:00, home by 7:30, asleep by 8:00.
Now its 3:45am, and Im wide awake, haha.
Shoulda gone to Wheaton.
=P

...just catching up on threads. Did ND go on in the last slot on the 25th? How many people were still there?

An anecdotal story about the "last slot": At Powerfest 2004, I had no idea who ND were. They were on last. Some people cleared out. I got to get up nice and close and really experience the set well. I was blown away. By Powerfest 2005, I owned all of November's Doom's CDs. So that last slot got you at least one more fan, and subsequent airplay in Valparaiso (to at least some inmates at Porter County Jail who are, as far as I know, the only people who listen to my show!) :)

Ken

Yes, the show was awesome, even though it was ricockulously hot!!

That whole "last spot" thing does depend on when and where we're playing, too. In the case of the Powerfest at JJ Kelleys, we agreed to do it because it's a club we've played several times before, we have alot of friends and family nearby that we can count on to stick around, and ultimately on a bill like that one, we figured we already stood out a bit stylistically so being thrown somewhere in the middle might cause some confusion for people haha That crowd ended up being pretty small by the time we were halfway through our set that night as I recall, but it was no big deal and I'm glad we made at least one or two new fans as a result.

The show on Saturday did wind up running a bit behind schedule, as shows of that nature tend to do, but the people who were running the venue were cool about it and allowed us to play our full set, even an encore. We were worried that going on so late to curfew at an all ages show could result in a bad turnout by nights end, but the crowd was awesome and was one of the more animated metal crowds we've played to in a while!! The crowd reception for both us and Twelfth Gate was awesome, and made everything worth it. There will be another Twelfth Gate/Novembers Doom show coming up before the end of the summer here in the Chicagoland area, and I will be posting news info about it here at the forum very soon!

Hello all!
First time posting here.
I was at the show.
It was a good time.
I got to the show about mid-way, during whoever was on before Withering Soul.
I thought the Wheaton Grand atmospherically-speaking is a cool place for gigs. Unfortunately, no alcohol is allowed.

Anyhow, just wanted to say that both Twelfth Gate and ND slayed.

Any other chicago - area gigs planned?