Chicago Meet

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
I am not sure exactly how many of you live in or around Chicago (I know quite a few of you do!). The reason I am asking is to get a group together like we did a couple weeks ago. Myself, Paul, Rob, John, and Walter had a great time shooting the breeze and dropping a lot of loot as well. If you are interested just shoot me an e-mail below. Thanks, here are the details.

Place: Impulse Music, Roselle, IL.
Time: Saturday, March 5th, 2005 at 4PM
Activities: Buying Metal CD's, Talking about Metal CD's, Laughing at Metal CD's. Also various eating possibilities in the area.
E-mail me if interested: metalrag@yahoo.com

Great idea Swordlord, maybe we can even get some sort of car pool thing for those without wheels as well. Man how many metalheads do you think we can fit in that store?

A bunch of us went to Impulse last year when we were at Powerfest, that is one fucking cool little cd store!!! I am definitely going to hit that up again next month.

Bear

Bear said:
A bunch of us went to Impulse last year when we were at Powerfest, that is one fucking cool little cd store!!! I am definitely going to hit that up again next month.

Bear
No shit, man, that was a great run. You guys got me hooked on Into Eternity on the way up, which was KILLER.

It's definitely something on my list.

Well I would be all for Metal Haven if:

1. They had parking within 12 blocks, especially on a Saturday (forget about it). Impulse on the other hand ALWAYS has parking.
2. Metal Haven caters mostly to death and black metal BUT stocks some Power/Prog. Impulse caters to Prog/Power and carries little Death/ Black Metal.
3. Prices are generally cheaper at Impulse than Metal Haven
4. I think theres a fire violation Paul if you have more than 4 people in there.

Don't get me wrong I do like Metal Haven and have no problem dropping serious coin there but Impulse is just better in my eyes.

I will be scheduling a meet to coincide with Powerfest in the very near future so stay tuned....also there is Sports Bar there called Buds that we can go afterward and talk and get the initial alcohol buzz going.

Yeah I have been to metal haven and I am aware that it is not exactly "in town", but being that I'm not from chicago and I LOVED the store when I was there, I would really like to hit it up again. Maybe I can find a chicago native and some others who would be up for hitting it though *sighs*.

PS. Yes I know it caters more to the thrash/death/black area. ; )

The_Q said:
I will be scheduling a meet to coincide with Powerfest in the very near future so stay tuned....also there is Sports Bar there called Buds that we can go afterward and talk and get the initial alcohol buzz going.

I was at Impulse last week. I could be wrong but I think Bud's closed up.

I believe Buds Moved or something..And Q I think you're pretty close on that 45 min guestimate.. It's a small Hike...But should be well worth it...I'd be game for Metal Haven aswell... But I can't deal wit da damn city... It's a pain in da ass. : ) Someone else is drivin, I'd go.. That shop has lots of cool stuff too....

LadySteele said:
So, about how far from Powerfest is Impulse ?

It's kind of a hike...

Start out going EAST on E IRVING PARK RD/IL-19 toward LAWRENCE AVE. 1.2 miles Map

2: Turn LEFT onto MEDINAH RD/CR-24. 0.3 miles Map

3: Turn RIGHT onto THORNDALE AVE. 1.0 miles Map

4: Turn LEFT onto N ROHLWING RD/IL-53. 0.2 miles Map

5: Turn RIGHT onto THORNDALE AVE/CR-26 E. 0.1 miles Map

6: Merge onto I-290 E toward CHICAGO/I-355. 10.3 miles Map

7: Merge onto I-294 S via EXIT 15A toward INDIANA (Portions toll). 32.6 miles Map

8: I-294 S becomes I-80 E/I-94 E. 0.2 miles Map

9: Merge onto US-6 W/TORRENCE AVE/IL-83 N via EXIT 161. 0.9 miles Map

10: Turn RIGHT onto 173RD ST. 0.1 miles Map

11: Turn RIGHT onto OAK AVE. 0.1 miles Map

12: Turn SHARP RIGHT onto BERNICE RD. <0.1 miles Map

13: End at 2455 Bernice Rd, Lansing, IL 60438-1055 US Map

Total Est. Time: 54 minutes Est. Distance: 47.63 miles