Chicago Metal Market - Dec 12th

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From Illinois Entertainer's "Caught In A Mosh":

"A collection of local metal merchants will unite at Red Line Tap on December 12th to push their wares. (Full disclosure: I book my monthly Metal Up Your Tap series and drink a good amount of beer at Red Line.) Metal Haven, Utterly Somber, Death Dealer, and the aforementioned Planet Metal will hawk CDs, vinyl, and shirts at the event, dubbed the “Chicago Metal Market.” Admission is nothing (RLT is a bar, so being 21 or older is required), beers are $1, time is noon to 5 p.m., and the address is 7006 N. Glenwood."

From Illinois Entertainer's "Caught In A Mosh":

"A collection of local metal merchants will unite at Red Line Tap on December 12th to push their wares. (Full disclosure: I book my monthly Metal Up Your Tap series and drink a good amount of beer at Red Line.) Metal Haven, Utterly Somber, Death Dealer, and the aforementioned Planet Metal will hawk CDs, vinyl, and shirts at the event, dubbed the “Chicago Metal Market.” Admission is nothing (RLT is a bar, so being 21 or older is required), beers are $1, time is noon to 5 p.m., and the address is 7006 N. Glenwood."

I wanted to go to this, but at this time of year and considering my lack of employment status I just can't float this.

Asides the terrible snow and high winds, the turnout was great for this. Metal Haven had about a quarter of his stuff there. A mix of used and new at great prices. DVD's and Vinyl at really good deals. Planet Metal were selling tons of traditional and doom stuff. There were also 2 other tables with t-shirts and tons of vinyl and CD's. Nothing was over priced which was really cool. There were also some art tables with people selling artwork and stuff. Good to see people still buying physical product and helping out the smaller labels. They are going to be doing more of these so Chicago folks or people traveling in this area keep an eye out.

Asides the terrible snow and high winds, the turnout was great for this. Metal Haven had about a quarter of his stuff there. A mix of used and new at great prices. DVD's and Vinyl at really good deals. Planet Metal were selling tons of traditional and doom stuff. There were also 2 other tables with t-shirts and tons of vinyl and CD's. Nothing was over priced which was really cool. There were also some art tables with people selling artwork and stuff. Good to see people still buying physical product and helping out the smaller labels. They are going to be doing more of these so Chicago folks or people traveling in this area keep an eye out.

Yeah I'll keep my eye out, but also let me know Bob if things like this happen again.