Chicago Metal Market - Dec 15th

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
The Chicago Metal Market is back again one last time this year. The last one had the most dealers I have seen since it started. If you have free time and love buying records / CD's / shirts / artwork....this is the place to be.

here is a link from facebook with all the info..

https://www.facebook.com/events/237311356428106/

It is at The Mutiny again. 2428 North Western. Literally right off Fullerton and the exit ramp is right there for the Kennedy expressway.

Some of the vendors are....

Planet Metal - you can see the catalog on their facebook page

Metal Haven - lots of vinyl and 2 boxes of CD's..one box of black metal / death / doom and another of Stormspell releases and other traditional metal

Death Dealer Distro - death and black metal

then there are usually 3 or 4 people who show up with parts of their collection to sell off. last year there was not enough booths / tables almost.

there is also a few artist selling stuff like Matt Putrid who does a lot of album artwork.

There is music playing but not cranked so you can actually talk. Also every time some guy cooks hotdogs and stuff for free so there is food even.

If you have the time on the 15th...come on down.

it was a great time and a really good turnout again. More and more people are coming and selling parts of their collection which is cool since it add's a nice variety of things to buy. Hopefully they will get the next one announced soon.

it was a great time and a really good turnout again. More and more people are coming and selling parts of their collection which is cool since it add's a nice variety of things to buy. Hopefully they will get the next one announced soon.

I hope they announce the date soon too, so I can better coordinate and be able to make it. I would wanna set up a table for sure.

Excellent! How often do they have these events?

like 4 times a year...I always post about it a week or so before they happen as a reminder. I heard the next one will be in april. Who knows...could be sooner. What is nice is there is a large variety of stuff now being sold from people where before it was mostly death / black metal.

Hahahahaha,
Simon and Pat's bromance is hot and spicy!!!!!

Too bad they didn't connect a few months back when they were in Atlanta!
What happens in Atlanta STAYS in Atlanta!!!!!!

I was not extremely interested in the Market til I heard they were open to non vendors coming to sell their collections.

Not only from a seller's perspective but from a buyer's as well.

I am sure I would find more that would interest me from someone's private collection as opposed to vendors.