Metal Up Your Tap - Saturdays at Red Line Tap - Chicago

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
Figured I would post this here in hope people may want to come down and check out some great metal. The Red Line Tap is up far north Chicago close to Evanston. It is right off one of the EL Red Line stops. It is a great little place that holds about 100 and the sound is really good. Stage is pretty much just a few inches from the main floor but it isnt the kind of place that people are hogging the front area all night. They do the MUYT the last saturday every month. This month is actually thier 3rd anniversary. The styles vary from traditional metal to death to NWOBHM to doom to black metal.

In the past bands such as Deceased, Ignitor, High Spirits, Bones, Wolfbait, Zuul, Superchrist, Oblong Box, Dawnbringer, Winterhawk, Zuul, and tons of other locals have played. The turnouts are always good. Even when a show is sold out it never feels cramped. They also have had 2 record "metal merchant" sundays in the past where Metal Haven, Planet Metal and a few others are there selling stuff.

This next saturday the 28th it is a free show....with Trials (very Dark Tranquility and early In Flames sound), Chapstick, and Reptoids.

In september they have Deceased coming back and in October Impaler from Michigan are playing.

here are some videos from past shows if anyone is interested...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm strongly considering coming out on Saturday. I like the band trials & really wanna check out that Metal Up Your Tap they have goin on there.

Trials are pretty good. Nothing I would race out of my way to see. Really a nice bunch of guys and gals. I feel bad for the bands this weekend since most people will be out of town at the MDF but definetly check the place out. It is a nice little place. Parking at night stinks though around there.

I am actually missing this one. I literally have stuff planned for the next 3 weekends (which is odd for me) so this weekend is the only one with nothing planned and I want to sit on my ass and go nowhere (kind of like in life). Plus with Desaster / Superchrist, Alehorn, Split Heaven, and the Forbidden show. I will be showed out for the next few weeks.