Children Of Bodom confirmed for Brutal Assault festival 2009!

gorth666

Jul 24, 2007
Slovakia
www.taste-of-bodom.sk
Hello,
Just about 2 hours ago were COB officialy confirmed as a headliers for the next year's Brutal Assault Festival 2010.

We would like to diversify your Sunday´s evening by announcing new bands for BA 2010. So let´s start with one big name. Finnish melodic metallers CHILDREN OF BODOM will be among headliners of the Brutal Assault festival 2010!

- Source: brutalassault.cz

I insisted Henkka they must play Banned at Sauna '08 and they did ;) However what they do will be completely out of my hands. Let's see how they pull off the album this time and if Alexi messes with alcohol again.

I did talk about it and explained they have two weeks between the tours so they can rehearse it, and it's traditional to present a new song on a summer festival, so do it, and they did. I'm Joonas, I make crazy shit happen.

There's that pact with LoBodomy and it'll probably never happen... Roadkill Morning is so crap I don't see it being played!

I would like to try convince them to start playing Knuckleduster since it's pure win despite amateurs not recognizing it. That, and Punch Me and probably If You Want Peace (at least on American tours) is what they should play from the newer discography.

Many right moves have been made recently such as adding Kissing the Shadows, Bed Of Razors and Children Of Decadence to the list. But why is Janne using the HCDR sound on the Bed intro?

The important thing would be to mess around with the order of the songs. Such as interesting gig starter songs.. putting songs like Bed Of Razors, Downfall, Kissing the Shadows higher on the list, etc. Interesting transmissions from song to song. For example I dig those lengthened intros for Bed Of Razors, Mask Of Sanity, Angels Don't Kill, Chokehold...

For example start a gig with.. Children Of Decadence.. then jump to a lengthened intro (30 seconds or something) for One Day You Will Cry as 2nd song.. There's so much they could do.

Yeah I know about Lobodomy, i'm always complaining about it and still hoping one day they'll break it ... And I like Roadkill Morning but there are some songs bands tend to "forget".

I absolutely agree about Knuckleduster. I don't like the excuse Alexi has once given, that most of the people in the audience don't know it. I think it's nice to hear a song live you've never heard before. Plus lots of people in concerts don't know the whole discography by heart...

The one and only song I'm really waiting them to play is Thrashed, Lost & Strungout. Alexi says every year that it's a cool song and they definitely want to get it working, but tours go by and it's never featured. I love that song and it's kickass live, I really don't see what's wrong with the vids from it, and it's a killer song for a starter e.g. It's fast but it also has tons of melodies and couple cool solos, and to keep with Joonas' "what could they do", leaving the last chord on T,L&S and jumping onto ODYWC would be amazing imho.

I did talk about it and explained they have two weeks between the tours so they can rehearse it, and it's traditional to present a new song on a summer festival, so do it, and they did. I'm Joonas, I make crazy shit happen.

ach,fuck off.

Ontopic:
I don't get these guys.. why do they put tracks on their album which they dont play live?
That's not even trying to hide that they are just filler...
Of course I can understand it why they dont want to play some songs live, but why put them on the record if you(or most of the band) dont like these songs and you alreay make a pact before the release that you never gonna play this song live.

and to keep with Joonas' "what could they do", leaving the last chord on T,L&S and jumping onto ODYWC would be amazing imho.

Hmm, I think if they connected the outro of T,L&S to the intro of Roadkill Morning that might work as an entirity (as it starts straight from verse.) But RKM as a stand-alone is too weak. But yeah, Oneday is more in the "spirit" of T,L&S somehow (maybe because RKM has no spirit.)

I don't get these guys.. why do they put tracks on their album which they dont play live? That's not even trying to hide that they are just filler...

They realize some of the songs aren't actually good as live songs, or difficult to play live, don't work live, or just don't like them anymore. They have more hits than they have time to play on a gig anyway.

Shit, someone has to search the thing where you've said "they will definitely, for 100%, it's absoultely clear,..., play a new song on their first summer festival gig" - and then the COBHC Webmaster told you to shut up. And then they really played NO new song on their first show.

This was a cool time because nearly 90% of your speculations what Bodom will do didn't happen. :lol:

ach,fuck off.

Ontopic:
I don't get these guys.. why do they put tracks on their album which they dont play live?
That's not even trying to hide that they are just filler...
Of course I can understand it why they dont want to play some songs live, but why put them on the record if you(or most of the band) dont like these songs and you alreay make a pact before the release that you never gonna play this song live.

About LoBodomy they did a pact of not playing it because it's too tricky, I guess particularly for Alexi. About other songs dunno, they've never said there's a song they don't want to play (besides some from SW and HB they don't like nowadays).

Hmm, I think if they connected the outro of T,L&S to the intro of Roadkill Morning that might work as an entirity (as it starts straight from verse.) But RKM as a stand-alone is too weak. But yeah, Oneday is more in the "spirit" of T,L&S somehow (maybe because RKM has no spirit.)

T,L&S=drop C, RKM=D standard, so wouldn't really work having to link both songs but changing guitars in the middle. Otherwise could be cool, yeah.

I would like to try convince them to start playing Knuckleduster since it's pure win despite amateurs not recognizing it. That, and Punch Me and probably If You Want Peace (at least on American tours) is what they should play from the newer discography.

Seconded.

I ask Henkka to play Knuckleduster every time I see them... Of course I don't ask until they're already on stage, so even if he wanted to try to convince the other guys to put it on the setlist, I doubt very much that there's anything he could do, haha. Next time I see them, I'll try to ask him before the show starts, and maybe I'll try to ask Jaska or Roope what they think of the song- I remember reading that Henkka and Alexi like the song and Janne doesn't.

I would also love to see Punch me, and IYWP 'cause I guess Roope has a solo in that song.