Children Of Bodom Covers Dropkick Murphys

... and it's as terrible as you'd expect. Pretty sad how these guys are more well known for covering "odd" songs for a metal band, than actually writing good songs themselves anymore...

http://www.revolvermag.com/news/chi...ropkick-murphys-im-shipping-up-to-boston.html

I fucking love it. Finnish-Irish! If I ever write a paper on ethnic metal, I'm including this. :lol:

I love the Irish accents too. I never really got into Children of Bodom, but this is makes me want to pick up some more of their songs, knowing that they cover more.

That's just the academic, ethnomusicologist in me though. For a while, as a rule, I wouldn't listen to a band if prepubescent Hot Topics goths trolled around in their merchandise, however I say this wearing a Paramore shirt. :ironicscenekidhipsterface:

Awful.
Awful vocals, awful ornamentation, just crap. I would say it's a shame but i'll just go back and listen to dropkick and it'll all be ok again.

i just don't get what people see in COB, i quite enjoy watching the live in stockholm dvd but other than that...

Never heard the original (can't stand punk), but to me it just sounds exactly like Turisas haha, so I don't mind it - and John, I give you this:

One of my all-time top 10 albums - even if you don't like the band, IMO they at least deserve credit for having an immediately identifiable sound, both musically and in terms of Alexi's guitar tone (and solo'ing :worship:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the music itself. It's pretty good! The main vocal is pretty bad in places and overall doesn't seem to be the best fit for the music. But who gives a shit it's fucking Bodom: Party music.

Never heard the original (can't stand punk), but to me it just sounds exactly like Turisas haha, so I don't mind it - and John, I give you this:

One of my all-time top 10 albums - even if you don't like the band, IMO they at least deserve credit for having an immediately identifiable sound, both musically and in terms of Alexi's guitar tone (and solo'ing :worship:)

I definitely like their first few CDs, up until about the 2003 or so one. But lately all their music just sounds like the same shit but progressively worse. Also, the original of this song is much better- it was in that movie The Departed

Fuck, I love it... Big fan of the original by Dropkick and Bodom seem to have a knack for doing some decent covers... like Aces High...

This used to be my favorite metal band. These guys need to hurry up and drink themselves to death soon and just be done with it. Well except for roope, cus he is cool.