Children of Bodom fucking own

• Thread starter Rusted_in_peace
  • Start date
R

Rusted_in_peace

I downloaded "Bed of Razors" and quickly after that bought all 3 CD's via Amazon.com

Nothing here that I find too exciting. I've heard a few albums by way of mp3, but they sure as hell aren't setting my world on fire. I guess after hearing the last two In Flames CDs I really don't see what makes Children of Boredom so great and so different.

/h

They are amazing guitarists. Really awesome musicianship.

They aren't really that much like in flames, they are more of a neo-classical version of gotherberg-metal. Not really my kind of music, but i can appreciate it fully...

COB are fucking great. awesome neo-classsical metal with melodic death metal elements.
very talented. alexi laiho is great on guitar.
for some reason he reminds me of chuck. i wouldn't be surprised if a got some angry remarks fo rthat one(why though?) but for some reason he does. maybe its the whole lead guitarist lead singer thing. main writer as well. they look some what the same a bit. although alexi is a classic metal guy with the smoking and drinking, and chuck wasn't much like that as far as i know.
but chucks better anyway

...Why would you get angry remarks??

He is a good guitarist, and yeah, there is a few elements of chuck, here and there. Maybe the crazy solo's?

Originally posted by Trapped
...Why would you get angry remarks??

He is a good guitarist, and yeah, there is a few elements of chuck, here and there. Maybe the crazy solo's?

i don't know because ppl respect chuck so damn much and maybe me comparing him to someone like alexi laiho(which doesn't seem so wrong) might not sit well with some. oh well i guess thereno problem then. bonus!

and hey, maybe chuck is a big influence on alexi. i could easily see that as a possibility

On an interview guys of COB mentioned Death as one of the bands they've used to listen. Along with likes of Helloween, Stone(classic finnish metalband, Alexi's biggest influence), Stratovarius etc...

I think their music rocks. Eventhough listening to their albums is little boring sometimes. Maybe some progressive elements on next one wouldn't do harm I think.
BTW. Those who think they're not good should see them live first. I think this band really shows what heavy metal is about in live concert.

Alexi is a mad guitarist... he's also a fuckin hottie!

Anyway...

I am DYING to see these guys in concert, as I've heard manys good things. *points to post above*

Oh why oh why can't they tour Australia? :bah:

Angel

Originally posted by Battle Angel
Alexi is a mad guitarist... he's also a fuckin hottie!

Anyway...

I am DYING to see these guys in concert, as I've heard manys good things. *points to post above*

Oh why oh why can't they tour Australia? :bah:

Angel

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Bodom is an amzing band. It is some of the most melodic and technical stuff I have ever heard... and they are technical without being Prog. The musicians are top notch, all of them and their songwriting is just great as well. I love 'em :D