Children of Bodom to play The Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival 2013

I'm just waiting to see who will replace them. Hopefully another good band. I'll really be let down if it's another shitty band.

Review of Bodom's set at MayhemFest yesterday

http://metalassault.com/gig_reviews...tival-kicks-off-in-sweltering-san-bernardino/

" ... (Machine Head) overshot their set by five minutes, which cut into Children Of Bodom’s set time. Understandably, the Bodom fans already gathered in front of the MI stage started chanting ‘Bodom, Bodom’ even as Machine Head were playing the last song of their set.

Finally, the wait was over and Children Of Bodom hit the MI stage with ‘Silent Night, Bodom Night’. Their set was mostly filled with older material with the exception of the Halo Of Blood title track, and none of the fans had any problem with that whatsoever. It’s all the more reason why the set felt so short, because trust me, sometimes even a 25-minute set can feel long if the band isn’t doing it right. Bodom sure got it right this time, and Alexi’s leads were sounding great. All other musical elements of the band were tight as well, specially Janne on the keyboards, combining with Alexi as brilliantly as always. But before anyone could really feel the impact of this set and get involved in it, sadly it was already over and done with. A 25-minute set is criminally short for a band like Bodom. I know this is a big step for them being on such a mainstream American festival, and I hope for their sake they win some new fans, but they’re certainly not a 25-minute band."

Set List:
1. Silent Night, Bodom Night
2. Hate Me!
3. Hate Crew Deathroll
4. Angels Don’t Kill
5. Halo Of Blood
6. In Your Face

They're headlining the stage and play only 30 minutes?

They can't even show what they can o_O

Right...I'm not sure why they didn't just scrap Zombie since he's already been a main headliner and push everyone up a notch on the headline list. Machine Head and Bodom could've been rotating headlining openers like Machine Head/In Flames were for the 2011 fest (I think?)

The only reason why I could think they'd give CoB the opener slot for the fest over MH would be because they just released an album.

I was pissed that they took STL off Mayhem's tour for the first time since 2008...until I saw CoB and AA are playing in August - could only be happier if MH was with them.

To be honest I am not going to buy a ticket before I see the setlist for european tour. Mayhem fest is a different story, but I won't go on a show if only transference and HOB will be played. Not that they are bad, but this is Halo of blood tour and I want to hear new stuff. Especially that it is great.