Children of Bodom UK Street Team Launched

Never seen one. What do they do? Walk the street handing out promotional stuff? Just that?

They give people free eyeliner and black nailpolish, and at the same time encourage people to buy the 4l3x1 signature guitars!!111

Never seen one. What do they do? Walk the street handing out promotional stuff? Just that?

you know when you walk out of a venue after a gig and sometimes there's people handing out flyers with a band's tour info and stuff? I think that's what a street team does :p and generally spreading the word about the band

you know when you walk out of a venue after a gig and sometimes there's people handing out flyers with a band's tour info and stuff? I think that's what a street team does :p and generally spreading the word about the band

Is that actually effective? Heavy metal is such a niche, I can't imagine spreading the word about a band like Children of Bodom to the general public in the streets.

Of course you'll look for the young, but still. Well, people will do it for free, at least.

Is that actually effective? Heavy metal is such a niche, I can't imagine spreading the word about a band like Children of Bodom to the general public in the streets.

Of course you'll look for the young, but still. Well, people will do it for free, at least.

well, I think it is effective for bands who actually need publicity. However, I don't think CoB needs publicity, but maybe it's not about CoB, but to help Spinefarm going in the UK.

well, I think it is effective for bands who actually need publicity. However, I don't think CoB needs publicity, but maybe it's not about CoB, but to help Spinefarm going in the UK.

Aahh I see. Well, Spinefarm as a whole, that makes more sense I guess.

Thanks for the info. Never seen that kind of thing happen here. Then again, our metal act sucks.

@XxSnapxX:
You would need to talk to the US label about that unfortunately. I would create a US one for you too but I've only been asked to create a UK one. Sorry.

@Orcy_UK:
At the moment while our new site is finished (we're estimating end of the month for that) street team communication is done via e-mail and on the street team home page (visit worst-decison.com and click on Children of Bodom). We e-mail you details of team missions and how to complete them, as well as posting them on the team homepage for you to read should you have selected "no e-mail" on sign up.

When the new site is online we will have forums, an online mission database, automatic mission submission and many other things we haven't officially announced yet... which will make our efforts even more effective and, we hope, make the site a fun place to hang out.

The first team missions are due to be announced between tomorrow and the weekend and will include promoting the team online, handing out flyers which will be posted to you, promoting the upcoming tour online and much more. Sorry for the delay in getting the missions announced - i'm waiting for a few things from the label at the moment before we can announce them... but the team is fully active. Once you have signed up to the site and selected that you wish to join the CoB team you are a team member and able to receive team communication, access the team homepage and participate in team missions.

All team missions are optional. There is no obligation to participate in any individual mission. However the people that do participate will be awarded a number of points to show how well they have been doing in the missions. The people that help the most and in the best ways will be eligable for the free stuff, as well as the occasional person that will be selected at random from all members.

I hope this helps. Any other queries feel free to ask.

Thank you very much, I will be signing up now!:headbang:

I think this is a great idea. We get a CoB tour once a year at maximum (even here in Finland) and this is a great opportunity to bring the fans together in other times as well. A nice chance to meet other metal fans and maybe have a pint (or dozen) with them after the "mission" is accomplished :)

btw. How well-known is CoB in UK anyway?