CHILDREN OF BODOM

It's a sad, grim reality.

True.

On the upside, I'll be pounding my hands off playing drums and watching belly-dancers on the back patio of "our" restaurant down in Union City...the weather should be warmer than this past Sunday, so it should be hella fun. :kickass:

In some ways, it's the best free show on Sunday night in town. :)

Thanks, Bill!:headbang: If I went to Gigantour this year, it would be to see In Flames and COB.:kickass: However, funds and da boss won't allow me to be there.:erk:

This is why my boss is cool. He's off that day, and we're headed to the Atlanta date. See? Getting your boss into metal pays off in situations like these.

Thank you Blind Guardian's "Somewhere Far Beyond" album...and Guitar Hero. :headbang:

This is why my boss is cool. He's off that day, and we're headed to the Atlanta date. See? Getting your boss into metal pays off in situations like these.

Thank you Blind Guardian's "Somewhere Far Beyond" album...and Guitar Hero. :headbang:
Good for you, man. The bosses are also being bitchy about the 6/09 DT show. It's a real pain in the *** sometimes!:loco::zombie::erk:

Got the new Bodom album and so far I am not as impressed as I thought I would be. I like it but I do not love it. Still gonna give it time to grow but I know that I loved Are You Dead Yet? from the first spin.

I just picked up Blooddrunk.

I just picked that up over the weekend as well. A couple of songs stuck out for me... (due to being tired I cant' for the life of me recall what they are now... ) The others, although they weren't BAD, seemed more like fillers than anything else. Over all, not a horrible album though.

But I'll listen to it a few more times and see if anything else sticks out.

-Metal

Gigantour ATL

High on Fire - Nap time
Job for a Cowboy - Worst grindcore I have ever heard!
COB - Great band, but their set was to short...WAh
IN Flames- Loved their set. :headbang:
Megadeth - They were Awesome!!

High on Fire = PURE FUCKING AWESOME
JFAC = was at the Megadeth meet and greet luckily, terrible/deathcore (same meaning pretty much)
Bodom = way too short
In Flames = 2 good songs but high energy set
Megadeth = enough of an ass kicking to last me a lifetime

We skipped the first two bands, because we got into town late, wanted to eat, and knew that JFAC sucked...a lot.

Bodom was AMAZING!, but their set list was way too short. I'd say right at 45 minutes at the most.

I'm really disappointed by In Flames' setlist on this tour, they're basically completely ignoring all of their good material.

Agreed. They were MUCH better at The Beta Bar on their tour with Nevermore, but I'll leave my bitching at that, although the incident where a fan threw a flip-flop at Anders was priceless.
"We want bras and panties, not skinny white guy flip-flops!"
Then, someone randomly threw a massive bra on stage. Hilarity ensued.

Megadeth was great, when we weren't getting nearly killed in the human title wave that resulted when they played "Sleepwalker". We also left early to beat traffic, and because we had to work tomorrow. I had to miss "Holy Wars, Unfortunately. :erk:

Also, fun side note: Someone tapped me on the shoulder, and said "Oh, you look like my friend Paul"

I remembered the guy vaguely from Progpower's of year's past, and mentioned that I knew Paul.
"Oh, you look just like him"
"Man, I wouldn't insult him like that."

So, evidently, my bald spot has gotten a LOT worse than I thought. =/

Also, fun side note: Someone tapped me on the shoulder, and said "Oh, you look like my friend Paul"

I remembered the guy vaguely from Progpower's of year's past, and mentioned that I knew Paul.

I except full on Hevy Devy Skullet by the time PP rolls around!!

I saw you Biggs during In Flames's set but there were so many people there was no way I could get over there.
You didn't just miss Holy Wars...they did Holy Wars>Mechanix>Holy Wars. Amazing.

I saw you Biggs during In Flames's set but there were so many people there was no way I could get over there.
You didn't just miss Holy Wars...they did Holy Wars>Mechanix>Holy Wars. Amazing.

Did you happen to get caught in that monstrous human wave when Megadeth opened? That shit was insane!

Nahh, I think you were the one being insulted. :lol:

(Now I'm kinda wondering who that was......)

45 minutes for Bodom? Wayyyyyyy too short. Let's hope they come back in a headlining spot. I think they're big enough. :headbang:

Sorry I missed the show (I understand it was sold out, too)........but I have to say, the "full-moon 4/20 extra big drum-jam," complete with fire sticks being thrown around, belly-dancing, etc., was totally awesome. Best free show in town, last night of the RennFaire each weekend. :kickass: