Choir sounds on JV-80

Julz

May 14, 2003
Sydney, Australia
Unfortunately the built in choir sounds on this synth suck ass and I'd really love to get a nice choir sound from it, specifically the background one Pinella uses right after the solo in Candleight Fantasia. Can any of the key bashers here point me in the right direction? edit the sound on board? buy an expansion card? I really want this sound! :headbang:

If you use VST's alot, Garritan and East West both make pretty good choral VSTi's if you have the audio editing software to use them....Also take a look into Cubase's HALion stuff..Assuming you have access to be able to use midi with your comp, you should be good to go

thanks for the info lacrymosa. i dont have any computer audio software but I'd like to get something going eventually. just got no idea where to start.

I'd also be curious to find out about some good Choir VSTs?

If anyone finds some good ones, lemme know :)

And Lacrymosa, what are the specific names of those VSTs you mentioned?

Lacrymosa1776 said:
If you use VST's alot, Garritan and East West both make pretty good choral VSTi's if you have the audio editing software to use them....Also take a look into Cubase's HALion stuff..Assuming you have access to be able to use midi with your comp, you should be good to go

Er, Garritan makes choir samples?

This is news to me.