Chris Cornell.....

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
I have never been a fan of Audioslave nor Soundgarden, but I happened to hear the chorus of "Doesn't Remind Me" which seems to be a new hit of Audioslave and Cornell's voice absolutely hammered me. The rest of the song isn't that good, but it made me think if he were to go wide open more of the time, he would make a hell of a metal vocalist. He has some serious pipes.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I have never been a fan of Audioslave nor Soundgarden, but I happened to hear the chorus of "Doesn't Remind Me" which seems to be a new hit of Audioslave and Cornell's voice absolutely hammered me. The rest of the song isn't that good, but it made me think if he were to go wide open more of the time, he would make a hell of a metal vocalist. He has some serious pipes.

Bryant

I've been a fan of Cornell for quite a while now. I even picked up his solo disc after SG called it quits. It's a helluva lot more mellow than anything else he's done. I've got both of the Audioslaves. The first one was pretty decent but the latest just hasn't stuck with me much.

Definitely check out the earlier SG stuff to hear him scream up a lung. Rusty Cage is just friggin' balls out.

Wheezer said:
I've been a fan of Cornell for quite a while now. I even picked up his solo disc after SG called it quits. It's a helluva lot more mellow than anything else he's done. I've got both of the Audioslaves. The first one was pretty decent but the latest just hasn't stuck with me much.

Definitely check out the earlier SG stuff to hear him scream up a lung. Rusty Cage is just friggin' balls out.

I think I am going to look into Badmotorfinger and the Temple of the Dog CD. Some may call him grunge, but I hear serious blues with lots of power and aggression when he lets it rip. I'm not big into blues, but some people do it right and Cornell does.
BTW if there are other fans here, don't think about seeing them live (Audioslave) if you are looking for a good live show. One of the things that got me into them was watching one of their DVDs at my brother's house. They sounded great, but Joe Cocker moved around more than Cornell does.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I think I am going to look into Badmotorfinger and the Temple of the Dog CD. Some may call him grunge, but I hear serious blues with lots of power and aggression when he lets it rip. I'm not big into blues, but some people do it right and Cornell does.
BTW if there are other fans here, don't think about seeing them live (Audioslave) if you are looking for a good live show. One of the things that got me into them was watching one of their DVDs at my brother's house. They sounded great, but Joe Cocker moved around more than Cornell does.

Bryant

I've got the Temple of the Dog disc too. That's one disc that's a surefire listen when the wife and I have to be in a car together for more than an hour or so.

I only saw SG once and it was in a warmup role. It was them, Faith No More, Queensryche and Metallica as the headliner. Great show. SG and FnM both did Sabbath covers.

Wheezer said:
I've got the Temple of the Dog disc too. That's one disc that's a surefire listen when the wife and I have to be in a car together for more than an hour or so.

I only saw SG once and it was in a warmup role. It was them, Faith No More, Queensryche and Metallica as the headliner. Great show. SG and FnM both did Sabbath covers.

FnM rox me sox!!!!111!2

I lost all respect for the guy after seeing him(in a video) sing "Killing in the Name of" at live8. that was so damn funny that it was sad :p

Josephus said:
I lost all respect for the guy after seeing him(in a video) sing "Killing in the Name of" at live8. that was so damn funny that it was sad :p

I saw a DVD video where they did some SG songs as well as a RAtM. Chris does NOT have the style nor stage persona to do that stuff.

Bryant