Chris Hanssen & Voyager Part Ways

Diamond45

Terminate Bad Music
Feb 22, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA USA
www.dmine.com
This was posted to their Facebook page this morning, and is also on their official website:

http://www.voyager-australia.com/news.php

http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/voyager-australia/chris-hanssen-voyager-part-ways/458553499162

A message from VOYAGER

It is with much sadness that we announce that guitar slinger Chris Hanssen and Voyager have parted ways. We want to take this moment to thank him for his efforts and his friendship over the last 2 years, it has been an amazing journey for us and was great having Chris on board during this time. The split was not acrimonious and we wish Chris all the very best in his future endeavors & hope you will all do the same. Here are some parting words from Chris:

"While it is extremely disheartening and unfortunate, it's probably the best for both the band and for myself that I part ways with Voyager. As of recent, my source of musical direction, commitment, motivation and excitement lies elsewhere and at the same time, it's certain the band feels that my position can be greater fulfilled by someone else. I became part of the V-journey two years ago when I was just 17, and it is without a doubt, the BEST thing I have been a part of these last two years. Unfortunately, in that time, things have changed. Danny, Mark, Simone and Alex, it's been a pleasure and I cannot thank you enough for the amazing opportunity! A huge and amazing thanks to all the V-crew who believed in me and gave me the chance to prove myself for such a well-respected and talented band. I hope to see you all out in the crowds in my future musical endeavors!

All the best and good luck to Voyager for the future. It's been an amazing ride.

I'll be back on stage in 2011! See you all in the New Year!

-Chris Hanssen

Meet Voyager's new guitarist, Scott Kay.

~Jen

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Voyager going to be the first time a female has performed on lead guitar at ProgPower?