Chris Jericho instores

ceydn said:
AMAZING in Adelaide. As Blitzy said - crowd interaction was second to none. He mentioned something about a drunk midget in Melbourne who wouldn't get off the stage?

:lol: That 'fucking midget' was just strange.

And I loved all the little improvised shit the band did between songs Melbourne. Funny, and surprisingly rocking at times.

Chris - 'Fuck INXS!'
The Duke - 'er... I think they took care of that themselves..'

hahahaha, the best one from Adelaide was:

Chris: "Does anyone else need advice? YOU, you got one question to ask so make it a good one!"
Guy from crowd: "PLAY LOVE MACHINE!"
Chris: "You can't get it up? Well..."

Well I fucking waited for an hour in line at the instore yesterday, but all the guys were fucking cool. Rich and Bud couldn't sign my Stuck Mojo shit fast enough haha. I think I must have been the only guy in the line with any Mojo stuff. And Chris couldn't believe it when I gave him a PureMetalWear shirt. I just hope XXXXL or whatever the fuck it was is big enough for him. :lol:

Really good- Dungeon killed as per usual and Fozzy's show was very high-energy with great crowd interaction and enthusiasm.

We managed to meet the band by complete fluke after the show- I was keen to ask Rich about Mojo, and he stuck around for a while and was telling us about the new record, and that they'll have some more merch available soon as well. A seriously friendly guy and I managed to get a pic with him as well. Great end to the night I must say. Jericcho was holding a copy of One Step Beyond as well, so hopefully he enjoys that as well.

Here's the review I did for the next issue of my mag:

"Dungeon’s busy touring schedule this year has served them well. If you thought it wasn’t possible for one of Australia’s best live bands to get even better, this was proof to the contrary. Dungeon has always been good to watch, but often togetherness has been sacrificed for the benefit of putting on a good show. All that has changed. If this was a killer band before, they are beyond that now. The months on the road with some of the world’s greatest metal bands has created a monster with a tightness previously unknown to them. The crowd, many of whom must by now be reasonably familiar with this band due to a recent string of opening slots, went nuts for them. Reciprocating and feeding off the vibe, Dungeon put together a faultless set that may not have quite matched the headliner’s in terms of energy -- though of course there was plenty of it -- but surpassed it for memorable material. Dungeon’s knack for hooks is undeniable. Now they also have a duck’s arse tightness on the live front that’s almost scary. (This review was written a day before it was learned that this gig was to be the band’s fourth-last ever.)
The first thing you notice when Fozzy hits the stage is how short Chris Jericho is. Built like a brick shithouse he may be, but the guy is quite a few inches short of six feet. The second thing that grabs the attention is that, for a band that started as a joke, this is one professional unit.
It’s impossible to fault the playing of Fozzy live. The rhythm section is immaculate: Rich Ward, Sean Delson and Bud Fontsere lay down a perfectly even keel and lock effortlessly into a groove for Jericho’s mid-range voice and occasional bursts of economical lead guitar from Michael Martin. They are note-perfect, and at the same time capable of delivering a non-stop, enthusiastic and energetic show. Ward in particular is a dynamo performer, at one point all but crowd-surfing while never missing a single riff. Jericho is a natural showman, an affable and livewire frontman, coercing the crowd into silly chants of “Fozzy, Fozzy, Fozzy, Oi! Oi! Oi!”. Ward wields his guitar with a furious abandon and at one point offers himself as a springboard for part of the stream of stagedivers, one of whom somehow manages to leave his phone on the stage. This proved to be a low point of the show when Chris picked it up, announced the contents of the most recent text message to the crowd and proceeded to punch in a reply. At that point, the phone was claimed by some wanna-be wrestling idiot who pulled a roundhouse kick on the singer only to receive a death-stare in return, followed by some rough justice at the hands of the moshpit shortly after.
Fozzy merely rolled on unperturbed, and even this random moron’s actions failed to dampen Jericho’s enthusiasm for crowd interaction, climbing the PA to get close to the under-agers upstairs and later on diving into the audience. At one point, the mischievous Ward even stirred the Gaelic into a rousing rendition of “Fuck Jet!” As proficient and as entertaining as they are, however, there’s no getting around the fact that Fozzy’s music is actually not that brilliant. A few songs stand out like “Enemy” and “Nameless”, and the set-closer “To Kill A Stranger” is easily the best song this band has written. The rest of the songs are merely OK however and even the covers of “Free Wheel Burning” and “Eat the Rich” don’t really set the night afire; indeed it’s hard to imagine why the one tune Fozzy has truly nailed, Accept’s “Balls to the Wall”, isn’t part of the set. In a way though, it’s probably just academic because for all of that Fozzy is still one fun band to watch and it would be a hard judge indeed who couldn’t come away more than slightly impressed by a band that puts as much into a live set as these guys. Now if only they could churn out a few more memorable songs, Jericho would never need to wrestle again."

BTW, did anyone try to watch that clip I posted?

Man, I thought we played really sloppy that night! HAHA!

I know we fell out of sync for a while because we couldn't hear the drums very well on stage (fucking LOUD foldback) and there was a lot of technical dramas, but it was a fun gig nonetheless! :)

I downloaded the clip at uni and watched to check it worked (with no sound), but don't have quicktime at home, so haven't got around to watching it properly yet. Will do that sometime.

You are right about Fozzy, their songwriting isn't fantastic, but you left out a couple of other great songs, End Of Days and Feel The Burn, they went off too.