Chris' new upcoming 2009 7-string build!

Darin J Moore

May 7, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
www.myspace.com
Hey Everyone,

thanks for checking it out. I am really excited about this one because it is the result of everything I have learned from the other customs. Also the pictures don't do it justice but the finish should look killer when it's finished ( well I hope, I haven't seen it put together yet).

Take care, Chris.

That looks like one sexy ass guitar! It looks so effortless and easy to play with a sleek look. I want one of those! Awesome guitar Chris!

:OMG:

Any chance to see it as a sig model in the future ?

It would be freaking awesome !!!!! :cool:

Chris has now posted pics of the completed build for his ( Trans-white ) Ibby guitar as well as his earlier 2009 Black stain Ibanez LACS 7 - amazing! Hopefully Chris can provide some specs & details sometime. Enjoy!!

chris, now that youre in megadeth and doing quite well i might add, already seen you live twice with them and you nail your leads practically effortlessly. i was just curious though...why stick with the 7 string at this point? for solo project or other band purposes? or you just gotten that comfortable with it and see no reason to fix something that "isnt broken"? or maybe megadeth is going to get a little heavier in the future? haha

p.s. what are your thoughts on loomis' 7 string abilities? he seemed to take to them like a duck to water as well when he first started using them and obviously hasnt looked back since.

I like chris playing so much. His custom made ibanez is great. But I think his new 2009 model will be so much powerful.

I have a small question.. If Chris is really engaged in Megadeth and is alright to play 6strings.. Just a small detail..:Smug: . For what he needs these two 7 strings guitars...??? looking for return to nevermore???:p I hope....

Hey Everyone,

to answer your question, I prefer playing 7 string guitars. They have the perfect range and the extra string adds a ton of fingering options for notes that are higher up.

Take care, Chris.

Hey Everyone,

to answer your question, I prefer playing 7 string guitars. They have the perfect range and the extra string adds a ton of fingering options for notes that are higher up.

Take care, Chris.

I agree with this so much.
Ever since I started playing 7 strings, my 6 strings have rarely been played now.
That low B string opened up so many more possibilities than I could have ever imagined.

chris, now that youre in megadeth and doing quite well i might add, already seen you live twice with them and you nail your leads practically effortlessly. i was just curious though...why stick with the 7 string at this point? for solo project or other band purposes? or you just gotten that comfortable with it and see no reason to fix something that "isnt broken"? or maybe megadeth is going to get a little heavier in the future? haha

p.s. what are your thoughts on loomis' 7 string abilities? he seemed to take to them like a duck to water as well when he first started using them and obviously hasnt looked back since.

Would definitely love to hear from Chris about his thoughts on Loomis too.
He's a human too after all, and I wont be surprised, like many of us, he was blown away by what Jeff can do on the instrument, and of course his song writing skills using a 7 string to the full potential.

I agree with this so much.
Ever since I started playing 7 strings, my 6 strings have rarely been played now.
That low B string opened up so many more possibilities than I could have ever imagined.

I completely agree with you!
Since I bought my first 7 I come to a conclusion (my conlusion either way :) that guitars should have had 7 strings from the start, because of what you and Chris are refering.
Once you get used to the 7 string, It's easier to play because you don't have to run all over the fretboard to get some notes that in 6 strings are well down or up the frets you're playing. Less movement = more confort, economy of motion = more speed and dynamics.

It completely opens your mind to new fingering possiblities!