Chris "Zeuss" Harris

I really don't like the production on the Whitechapel album.
It's like actually TOO big sounding.
TOO polished a mix for its own good.
It doesn't sound like humans playing on that record because of it.

I feel the same about Beneath the Massacre's new one :erk: sorry slightly OT

I love the new album but i will say one thing, I seen them live a few months back and there were no dual vocals, which was a disapointment becouse i thinkn that is one of the things that makes them sound so heavy.

I liked the new Acacia Strain he did that shit sounds bad ass and metal as fuk!!!!!:headbang:

I can see how Joey doesn't like his style too much, I think Zeuss' work is not the most polished/cleanest sounding, but instead it's extremely brutal sounding...which is often a good thing for the music.
or to say it in different words...not everything sounds "perfect" all the time, but that doesn't matter cause it usually grooves as fuck and transports the music in a very brutal manner.
opposed to mixes that are edited, polished, replaced, quantized etc which sound "perfect" but are extremely dead musically like many of todays mixes.

both ways have their qualities I think and I sometimes like a bit of both (that's why I love Sneap's work, he manages to get pristine and clean sounding mixes without killing the life/vibe in it...same with Colin's work)...it was great to see/hear how "not perfect" the single instruments in a Sneap mix can sound (bass moving/not quantized, guitars not edited too much, sometimes not even perfectly intonated)...but in the overal mix it still sounds very modern and clean, but it breathes and grooves...Andy's the master, lol.

but yeah, back to topic..I don't like all of Zeuss' mixes, but I do appreciate many of them for their sheer brutality and thickness.

EDIT: just noticed, necrothread, lol

it's funny because it's raw to today's standards. created an account just to say that.