Christ Illusion Slayer leaked!

Jan 27, 2006
Sweden
Yep, and the new album is really really great!
their best in 20 years!...the only album better for me is the fabulous Reign in Blood...
you can get the album on every torrensite, or at www.slayerized.com forum via rapid share...

Tell me what do you think about Christ Illusion...the album cover art is fantastic:headbang:

pennywiseignite said:
Yep, and the new album is really really great!
their best in 20 years!...the only album better for me is the fabulous Reign in Blood...
you can get the album on every torrensite, or at www.slayerized.com forum via rapid share...

Tell me what do you think about Christ Illusion...the album cover art is fantastic:headbang:

I think....you out yo damn mind.

aah, i thought most of you would like the old Slayer stuff...Reign, and Hell Awaits, and also season...maybe I was wrong...but i can tell you their bigger fans thinks this album is their best in many many year...(i don't count myself as a very big fan, though i like this album and Reign)

ANGELofMADnesS said:
Hell Awaits and Show No Mercy were their best albums.

I agree with you there although we are in the minority, especially with the more hardcore Slayer fans at least. I lost interest when they released Divine Intervention. Back in my teens, I liked Reign In Blood but not as much as the other albums from up to Seasons. Infact I played it a few weeks ago, I was amazed just how fast and aggressive the album sounds to me now. Show No Mercy has always been my fave album of theirs by a long long way as it's far more melodic than anything they did thereafter, the Maiden and Priest influences are evident. South of Heaven was melodic yet still had that evil Slayer vibe that they started off with on Hell Awaits and much moreso on RIB.

Wow, thanx a lot for the link!!!

I guess everyone has been waiting for this one for a lot of time hehe. Wow, fucking Dave Lombardo with Slayer again! Now this is truly an event hehe. I like old Slayer a lot(Raining Blood and Dead Skin Mask are my faves hehe), though I also like the Paul Bostaph era, he's a great drummer.

This album is obviously expected by most old Slayer fans, since it includes the old line up.And once again, freaking drummer from Cuba Dave Lombardo back!!!

I'm downloading it right now, lets hope that it's :headbang: .

Wow, lots of major releases this year huh: Blind Guardian, uneXpect, Slayer and Testament :headbang: . Certain quite a few major events hehe.

progmetalgod said:
I agree with you there although we are in the minority, especially with the more hardcore Slayer fans at least. I lost interest when they released Divine Intervention. Back in my teens, I liked Reign In Blood but not as much as the other albums from up to Seasons. Infact I played it a few weeks ago, I was amazed just how fast and aggressive the album sounds to me now. Show No Mercy has always been my fave album of theirs by a long long way as it's far more melodic than anything they did thereafter, the Maiden and Priest influences are evident. South of Heaven was melodic yet still had that evil Slayer vibe that they started off with on Hell Awaits and much moreso on RIB.

I kind of lost interest in Slayer round about the Divine Intervention era as well. I think it was more to do with Dave not playing drums on the album, than the actual music they wrote. Divine is a class album when all is said and done, but for the Bostaph era - God Hates Us All is a leviathan!

I've heard a few samples from the new Slayer and the prognosis doesn't sound good to me at all. The performance of the songs sound very tired with all the passion of a band just going through the motions. Some of the riffs just sound hastily cut & pasted together with no real thought behind the actual flow of the song.

I recently read a Lombardo interview on Slabbermouth where he stated that Kerry just wanted him to play the songs exactly as written & Dave was instructed to just play the songs without making any alterations to the riff patterns or tempo. I personally think it's slightly retarded, given the years of creativity & new methods of playing that Dave developed in his years away from Slayer, that the band don't allow him some creative license to help the music flow better or create more impact on the listener. You only have to listen to 'The Gathering' to hear the sheer malevolence that Dave is capable of - now it seems as though he's had to dumb down his talent to be part of Slayer once more... pitiful...

my fav is SOUTH OF HEAVEN. Drum work is awesome, Toms vocals are good and the mixture between mid tempo stuff and fast stuff is also good. Heard some tracks from the new one and in my opinion it's their best stuff since SITA but can't touch SITA or the stuff before. I would rank it a little better as DIVINE INVENTION.

Tyler Durden said:
...but for the Bostaph era - God Hates Us All is a leviathan!

I recently read a Lombardo interview on Slabbermouth where he stated that Kerry just wanted him to play the songs exactly as written & Dave was instructed to just play the songs without making any alterations to the riff patterns or tempo. I personally think it's slightly retarded, given the years of creativity & new methods of playing that Dave developed in his years away from Slayer, that the band don't allow him some creative license to help the music flow better or create more impact on the listener. You only have to listen to 'The Gathering' to hear the sheer malevolence that Dave is capable of - now it seems as though he's had to dumb down his talent to be part of Slayer once more... pitiful...

Yeah, I agree, GHUA is a really good album. Funny enough, when hearing CI, GHUA always came back to my mind. Specially the song GHUA hehe.

Wow, that's really stupid, poor Dave, they don't just let him be. Now really, that's quite retarded, considering that Dave is a really expereinced drummer, and considering that he had been of the band for 14 years, not let him improvise is really stupid.

That's one of the things I noticed about the new album, that the drumming leaves a lot to be desired. I mean, Dave can do a hell lot better than that!!! But apparently 'tis just because they didn't let him.

The album in general is ok, I've already listened to it a few times, and I give it a score of 8/10. The problem is that the 1st 4 songs are no good at all, too monotonous for my taste. The best from the cd starts on the song Catatonic and up. I loved Black Serenade, 'tis the song I like the most right now.

But something that really convinced me was Tom Araya's fucking voice!!! I mean, that guy just keeps getting older and older and his voice better and better!!! I'm really happy with the vocals, it's the best of the cd IMO.

I think the new album is fucking killer, alot more old school than their 3 previous albums, the guitarsound could have been a bit more brutal, but what the hell as long as Slayer´s music makes me want to fuck shit up, and this album certainly does that, it almost makes me feel the same as when i started to listen to Slayer at age 10.