Christ Illusion Slayer leaked!

stuglue said:
I must be listening to a different album cos from what i've heard it's repetitive

Slayer did a performance on Henry Rollins show on IFC- Independent Film Channel and it was their basic repetive stuff. I was not really impressed.

I just d/l Christ Illusion and give it a low rating. I really see no creativity in that CD at all !@!!

All Im going to say is Kreator's latest release - Enemy Of God is 1 Million times better then Christ Illusion.

The new album is decent, it's def their best since Seasons. Oh well, I havent been that big on Slayer anymore, but at least they make new music still unlike the band we post about here.

The new Slayer is not bad its tuned down like GHUA ,the speedy parts are back and the Daves trademark Slayer drumming is whats bringing back the glory to Slayer. There are a ton of leads on this album, seems they worked more on leads than on the main riffs in songs. The hatred is definitely still there, some of Kerry Kings riffs on there are just pure unoriginal and basic, but still some interesting stuff going on in Christ Illusion.

you can hear the whole album on their myspace. so far i've listened to the first 4 songs and i'm not impressed at all. it's sounds like these songs were written in less than a day. pretty boring and uninspired stuff.
perhaps it will grow on me...

progmetalgod said:
I agree with you there although we are in the minority, especially with the more hardcore Slayer fans at least. I lost interest when they released Divine Intervention. Back in my teens, I liked Reign In Blood but not as much as the other albums from up to Seasons. Infact I played it a few weeks ago, I was amazed just how fast and aggressive the album sounds to me now. Show No Mercy has always been my fave album of theirs by a long long way as it's far more melodic than anything they did thereafter, the Maiden and Priest influences are evident. South of Heaven was melodic yet still had that evil Slayer vibe that they started off with on Hell Awaits and much moreso on RIB.

I am part of this minority too.

That's cool. :)

If I had to rank each of their first albums, it would be like this:

1. Show No Mercy
2. South of Heaven
3. Hell Awaits
4. Seasons In The Abyss
5. Reign In Blood

I realise that I like SOH more than HA now because it shows a more melodic side to them, and the drumming is awesome, as well as the guitar riffs and sound. Show No Mercy is a classic.