Christians are Crazy

:zombie: :ill: :zombie: :ill: This really does deserve a thread of its own. This news should be told to everyone. It is incredible, yet it is true! We are not engaging in a religious discussion here, and this is no conspiracy either. Hagee really IS enthusing his massive church audience about a coming Armageddon starting with a war against Iran.

Yet, Hagee is not really the Christian he purports to be, as much of what he says is unchristian. He clearly is a tool of the Jews.

Hagee is recognized as a fierce foe of anti-Semitism. An outspoken supporter of the Jewish people, Judaism, and the nation Israel, he has been given the "Humanitarian of the Year" award by the San Antonio B'nai B'rith Council. Hagee has also been bestowed the "ZOA Israel Service Award" by the Zionist Organization in Dallas and honored with the "Henrietta Szold Award" by the Texas Southern Region of Hadassah.

Everyone should read all of the article, but here are some choice parts:

He wants the US to bomb Iran, not to advance US interests, but to destroy them, along with the rest of the world. He wants to light the fuse that will ignite Armageddon.

Some influential evangelical leaders are lobbying for an attack on Iran. But it's not about geopolitics -- it's about bringing about the End Times.

... Bush and other leading Republicans have lined up behind a growing movement of Christian Zionists for whom a European Antichrist figures prominently in an end-times scenario.

Hagee insists that the United States must join Israel in a preemptive military strike against Iran to fulfill God's plan for both Israel and the West. Shortly after the book's publication, he launched Christians United for Israel (CUFI), which, as the Christian version of the powerful American Israel Public Affairs Committee, he said would cause "a political earthquake."

Rabbi Daniel Lapin, a prominent Jewish ally of the evangelical right (and friend of Jack Abramoff) has said that Hagee "without question, yes, absolutely" has the ear of the White House. Hagee's annual Night to Honor Israel at his church has drawn prominent Republicans, including Tom DeLay, who was the keynote speaker in 2002.

the pastor has exponentially expanded the reach of his megaphone beyond his television audience. Thanks to the viral marketing made possible by the hundreds of evangelical leaders who have signed on to his new organization, his warmongering has rippled through megachurches across America for months.

Preying on legitimate worries about terrorism, and invoking 9/11, he vividly describes a supposed Iranian-led plan to simultaneously explode nuclear suitcase bombs in seven American cities, or to use an electromagnetic pulse device to create "an American Hiroshima."

If anyone remembers my "What will be the next Pearl Harbour Event" thread, this idea was mentioned, and its coming up again in this context makes my blood run cold.

When addressing audiences receptive to Scriptural prophecy, however, Hagee welcomes the coming confrontation. He argues that a strike against Iran will cause Arab nations to unite under Russia's leadership, as outlined in chapters 38 and 39 of the Book of Ezekiel, leading to an "inferno [that] will explode across the Middle East, plunging the world toward Armageddon." In Hagee's telling, Israel has no choice but to strike at Iran's nuclear facilities, with or without America's help. The strike will provoke Russia -- which wants Persian Gulf oil -- to lead an army of Arab nations against Israel. Then God will wipe out all but one-sixth of the Russian-led army, as the world watches "with shock and awe," he says,

But Hagee doesn't stop there. He adds that Ezekiel predicts fire "upon those who live in security in the coastlands."

That's right: the bible not only predicts but sanctions attacks on America, according to a pastor who pretends to be an American. This is what he wants for Iranians, and this is what he wants for Americans. Why is this man still walking around free? If I advocated the nuking of America's (rather blue) coasts, I'd disappear tomorrow.

The answer is that this terrorist is an ally of the adminsitration, much like the MEK. We aren't fighting a war against terror, they are fighting a war for terror, for the monopolization of terror.

Sarah Posner said:
Some influential evangelical leaders are lobbying for an attack on Iran. But it's not about geopolitics -- it's about bringing about the End Times.

... Bush and other leading Republicans have lined up behind a growing movement of Christian Zionists for whom a European Antichrist figures prominently in an end-times scenario. So they should be forced to explain to the rest of us why they're courting the votes of people who believe our allies are evil incarnate. Could it be that the central requirement for their breathlessly anticipated Armageddon -- that the United States confront Iran -- happens to dovetail so nicely with the neoconservative war agenda?

At the center of it all is Pastor John Hagee, a popular televangelist who leads the 18,000-member Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, Texas. While Hagee has long prophesized about the end times, he ratcheted up his rhetoric this year with the publication of his book, "Jerusalem Countdown," in which he argues that a confrontation with Iran is a necessary precondition for Armageddon and the Second Coming of Christ. In the best-selling book, Hagee insists that the United States must join Israel in a preemptive military strike against Iran to fulfill God's plan for both Israel and the West. Shortly after the book's publication, he launched Christians United for Israel (CUFI), which, as the Christian version of the powerful American Israel Public Affairs Committee, he said would cause "a political earthquake."
This scared the shit out of me.

Invoking a war, because he knows it's gonna desrtoy the world.... This is Atlantis all over again.

My post may seem elementary to some on his board, but any Pastor that uses a television for his pulpit does not receive my attention. This thinking has been perpetuated for 1000's yrs. I admit it is scary, but I am not surprised, nor am I running for cover. We have these "freaks and zealots" on both sides of the ball, and as you know, we inhabit a dark and violent world. How many, honestly on this board believe Jesus or any one is going to ride in on his white horse and save the so-called believers and destroy the vile and wicked. Hagee's agenda is absolutley ludicrous, he's vying for attention. As soon as the USA get's rid of the horrid Bush administration and we obtain a leader with vision and courage we might get back some sanity and peace in this world. If you believe in a loving God, as I do, then God will communicate to you through your soul, heart and mind. Not through some demented radical on T.V., cloaking himself in the Bible's words. For those interested, I made a name change, for I have been battling with many, and my sword is covered in my enemies blood. So I am BloodSword and Ironbeard.