This should be interesting, Christians...

What Jesus said was to the effect - Love one another. Do good things like feed the hungry and heal the sick.
So it's enlightened when it comes to the social aspect. On how to build a working, happy society. Not fear - love. Very revolutionary - constructive.
The life after death part is the existentialist aspect. And it works - seems to make people happier about life. Looks like doing good things makes people happier than spending a lifetime serving the(ir) ego.
There's more stuff to what Jesus gave us. But ain't got the time right now. A very smart guy though.
Shame organised religion ruined it.

What Jesus said was to the effect - Love one another. Do good things like feed the hungry and heal the sick.
So it's enlightened when it comes to the social aspect. On how to build a working, happy society. Not fear - love. Very revolutionary - constructive.
The life after death part is the existentialist aspect. And it works - seems to make people happier about life. Looks like doing good things makes people happier than spending a lifetime serving the(ir) ego.
There's more stuff to what Jesus gave us. But ain't got the time right now. A very smart guy though.
Shame organised religion ruined it.

go get a red-letter edition of the New Testament
then edit out all the black letters
that would be an awesome book

I no longer think religions are different.

Each is describing the same world, using the same idea (metaphysicality).

Other than that, there's a values system, which is where it gets interesting.

Atheism is boring.

I no longer think religions are different.

Each is describing the same world, using the same idea (metaphysicality).

Other than that, there's a values system, which is where it gets interesting.

Atheism is boring.

Enlighten me as to how they all have a values system.

Also, how is atheism boring? With it, at least your freewill and higher brain functions aren't enslaved and shackled to some fictional "holy book" for your damn life.

The holy book is fictional. It's not any more true than Harry Potter or Twilight.

Also, by The Republic, do you mean the work by Plato?

of course the bible is fiction

also
i assumed he meant the book by plato
what other book called "rebublic" could be relevant to THIS conversation??