Amon Amarth... album I should buy?

yeah what the fack man? I hate when people post this uber long shit and think they won a flame war because the other person doesnt want to wade through that shit. Next time, do a Readers Digest.

Thrymfal: Frightmare kicks a lot of ass man! For the longest time I avoided that band because someone told me it was a " monotony in Oregon". I'll be sure to get back on that band.

I hardly said I thought I won the flame war...

And that was post was only directed at Thrymfal since he expressed an interest (well sorta...)

WNxScythe said:
Yes you are completely correct in saying that Christianity (at least true christianity) says that we are saved by faith and not through [our] works.

Is that why the vast majority of America's religious right leaders (Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, etc.) are such fucking assholes, spewing bullshit all the time because they believe their faith will save them and they can say whatever they want in the mean time? No offense to you, but most of America's Christian leadership are embarassingly hypocrital.

Golden Hall said:
Is that why the vast majority of America's religious right leaders (Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, etc.) are such fucking assholes, spewing bullshit all the time because they believe their faith will save them and they can say whatever they want in the mean time? No offense to you, but most of America's Christian leadership are embarassingly hypocrital.

very true young man.

in addition to this, i'll permit myself to say that europe is now weak as fuck cause of the christian mentality of tolerance... ;) "turn the other cheek"
whereas in the torah "all of those who arent jews are ur slaves" and in the muslim shit (i forgot waht its called in english, Coran in french but whatever) : "kill the non muslims"..
its maybe out of subject, but twas just a little anecdote ;)

<------ throws holy water at self. Damn I am such a sinner. Although I respect ones belief regardless of yr background, I still don't believe that some mystical icon created the earth in 7 days and made man out of mud and wood sticks. I would be more enclined to believe that a guy like Jesus existed if only it wasn't for all these people trying to shove religion down yr throat. Truth has they say is in the eye of the beholder and many of the same people preaching to me what is right and wrong should put their own house in order before judging others. Maybe I have yet to find my spirituality.

Golden Hall said:
Yes plenty of the so called Christian leadership (many of whom arent in the first place and are purely in it for the money) are hypocrites... and read the rest of my post man in answer to your "faith will save them and they can say whatever they want".

I'm trying to show my beliefs down your throat Belgar... I posted that whole long thingie in response to Thrymfal's post. I'm stating my beliefs, I'm not saying you HAVE to follow them or I'll kill you or something (tho you should, but that's not up to me)...

Thing is, it is kinda my duty as a christian to spread my beliefs. It may be completely politically incorrect, but that's how it works. Sorry if it offends you...

dood don't assume I take it personally ;)... in fact you were very right in saying that many (and perhaps most) "christian" leaders are hypocrites. It's true. I'm agreeing with you!

And oops I made a mistake in my post when I said "I'm trying to show my beliefs down your throat Belgar" I meant to say I'm NOT trying to *shove* my beliefs down your throat...

WNxScythe said:
dood don't assume I take it personally ;)... in fact you were very right in saying that many (and perhaps most) "christian" leaders are hypocrites. It's true. I'm agreeing with you!

And oops I made a mistake in my post when I said "I'm trying to show my beliefs down your throat Belgar" I meant to say I'm NOT trying to *shove* my beliefs down your throat...
Maybe you should check out Lord Gore. Jesus plays guitars in that band.

Impious, the guest before AA :
"this song is about... JESUS CHRIST"
-"BOOOOOUHHHH!", answers the crowd.
-"this song is called : BURN.. THE CROSS!!"
-"YEAAAAAH!!!!"
;)

WNxScythe said:
Thing is, it is kinda my duty as a christian to spread my beliefs. It may be completely politically incorrect, but that's how it works. Sorry if it offends you...

See now, that's where I disagree, I'm not claiming to be an expert on Christianity, but I believe the need to spread your beliefs is one of many aspects of your faith that is misused and misinterpreted by modern Christians. In it's earliest days, Christianity was confined to a small group of believers in a little corner of the world; the need to spread the word was readily apparent to them, because the vast majority of people truly didn't know anything about the religion. Now, in the age of information, everybody knows about Christianity and can readily make the decision for themselves if it is the right belief system, they don't need people preaching to them. Basically, the Christian ideal of constantly attempting to spread your ideas is as obsolete as all the crazy laws in Leviticus, i.e.:

20:18. If any man lie with a woman in her flowers, and
uncover her nakedness, and she open the fountain of her
blood: both shall be destroyed out of the midst of their
people.

I could go on, but, you would probably just argue that these were ideas that sprung out of a different time, when different circumstances necessitated different reactions, but what if missionary/preaching work was another one of these ideas, that was applicable a long time ago, but no longer?

Bleh !! a whole thread about if Christians are okay or not.

Fact is that a lot of problems occured on this planet because of Christianity and some other religions..

@WNxScythe, if youre so easily offended cause of attacks at your believes, why did you start this topic in the first place..
A tip.. Go down the Nevermore board, scope the topic about religion there....maybe it will enlighten you !

Golden Hall said:
haaa wrote this hours ago when iawas sober, forgot to post now sounds pretty fucking asmart
<3 ya. Did you know that Seth Putnam is in a coma? the sadness.

38. You're In A Coma- Artist: Anal Cunt

you're a fucking vegetable,we tried to pull the plug
but you still wouldn't die,you're a dumb stupid fag

[pre chorus:]
you shit in a bag,you piss in a tube,you can't walk,you can't move

[chorus:]
you're in a coma [x4]

i tried to give you a hotfoot,but you didn't notice
you're gay and you're in a coma,you're a fruit and a vegetable

[repeat pre chorus and chorus]

Feraliminal Lycanthropizer said:
<3 ya. Did you know that Seth Putnam is in a coma? the sadness.

Yeah, bummer, maybe brain damage too? 'Tis a shame that so prolific and brilliant a songwriter can be struck down by the scourge of addiction at such a tender age, uhhh, or something.

IF YOU READ THE POST HE WAS SAYING " JUST DONT GET ALL TROLLISH" as in HEY ITS COOL HANG AROUND JUST DONT START BEING AN ASS. I BELIEVE IN GOD AND JESUS AND I LOVE AMON AMARTH. The bible was written from gods words written down by man and since man as a race is the most incompetent piece of shit to ever roam the earth I dont take what it says seriously. JESUS AWESOME, GOD AWESOME, THE GOOD THINGS THAT RESIDE IN A INDIVIDUALS SOUL AWEOSME, the bible ehhhhhhh.

If the lyrics really offend you then go buy a deicide album youll love them.
J/k man I dont even post here so see ya.

Golden Hall said:
See now, that's where I disagree, I'm not claiming to be an expert on Christianity, but I believe the need to spread your beliefs is one of many aspects of your faith that is misused and misinterpreted by modern Christians. In it's earliest days, Christianity was confined to a small group of believers in a little corner of the world; the need to spread the word was readily apparent to them, because the vast majority of people truly didn't know anything about the religion. Now, in the age of information, everybody knows about Christianity and can readily make the decision for themselves if it is the right belief system, they don't need people preaching to them. Basically, the Christian ideal of constantly attempting to spread your ideas is as obsolete as all the crazy laws in Leviticus, i.e.:

20:18. If any man lie with a woman in her flowers, and
uncover her nakedness, and she open the fountain of her
blood: both shall be destroyed out of the midst of their
people.

I could go on, but, you would probably just argue that these were ideas that sprung out of a different time, when different circumstances necessitated different reactions, but what if missionary/preaching work was another one of these ideas, that was applicable a long time ago, but no longer?

And I don't claim to be an expert on christianity either since I'm a 16 year old kid... The thing is, yes many people know the "basics" on christianity. But BY far the majority have A TON of misconceptions about it (and what do you expect when catholic priests start running around abusing children). Besides, you may think that in this world of technology everyone knows about christianity but that just ISNT TRUE. Have you ever been to an arab country in your life? I LIVE IN ONE! And the misconceptions here are FREAKING huge.

Example: A muslim arab friend of mine once asked me if we (christians) believed that God had sex with Mary to give birth to Jesus (that's a misconception in case you didn;t know)

Example: All (and I mean all) of my arab friends assume that ALL Europeans and all Americans are christians (which I'm sure you guys wouldn't agree with).

As to all those "crazy laws in leviticus", that's hard for me to explain cause I'm not God or a famous theologian. All I know is that those laws were enforced to show that sin was rampant, thus the obvious need for a savior was shown. Plus all of those laws were part of the "old covenant".