Amon Amarth... album I should buy?

AA has fucking awsome lyrics, none of them are retarded or pathetic, there always is a magnificent story, full of emotion, and very well written! to this i hail to Johan! he's a true Norse poet. you ca only fully enjoy AA if u read teh lyrics wilst listening to the albums. Being anti christian in metal kind of started as a reaction of rebelness agaisnt the puritan society in the US. As for AA, it being pro pagan death metal, its normal that they diss the christians them having destroyed their ancient beautiful pagan traditions

Damn... I wish more newbies were like this WNxScythe dude...
Dude, enjoy yourself and do whatever you wanna just don't get trollish :)
How old are you anyway?

WNxScythe, just a little advice, don't take everything people write on these forums too seriously. If you start replying to every stupid comment you'll get into a debate that never ends. Just read the posts that you find helpfull and ignore the rest.

As for your question, I don't think AA's sound has changed so much throughout their albums so any album would be good to start with. But I think getting Fate of Norns first and then making your way backward would be a good idea.

Whoah I didn't say AA's lyrics were retarded! I'm saying I pretty much dont care about them... *as* long as they're not retarded. I tend to like metal fantasy lyrics in general, take Suidakra for example, love them.

And Corporal are you calling *me* a troll? I hardly think I'm the one who started this whole argument (besides saying I'm a christian...)

Oh and I'm 16

he was actualy complimenting you on being an above average noob. you came on here without trolling bunch of random jibberish lookin to piss people off or something... ehh i forget what i was talking about already.

but yeah. im the one who said hell would be fun!!! mE!!!! but maybe your idea of hell is different from ours/mine. you probably got that whole idea in your head of demons with pitchforks satan ass-raming you all the time and eternity of pushing a 20ton boulder up a 89degree hill. where i believe if it even exists satan will throw partys all the time and its a constant kegger and all our favorite dead death/black/thrash etc... metal musicians are constantly there playing shows and acting crazy like all us metal heads do until satan has finaly conjured enough souls to rise up and conquer the world and slaughter the heavens resulting in apocalyptic madness. i bet you think im extremely crazy... you just wait and see... :) but thats only if i believed it existed. im one of those guys who just go on with my life and not worry anything about religion since all of it is so questionable. but if one day a so called god or satan or buddah or whatever pops up in front of me and shows me the truth then ill make up my mind. but that hasnt happened to me yet.... so.... ima do whatever.
i think its safe to say that 98% of the people on here dont care if your chrisitan or whatever as long as you dont start trying to force your believes on us. because (probably) none of us care and most of us would probably think your full of shit.

im actualy suprised you dont like mortification though. i thought there early early stuff was great! Scrolls Of The Megaloth! \m/

DemonsAndLies666 said:
he was actualy complimenting you on being an above average noob. you came on here without trolling bunch of random jibberish lookin to piss people off or something... ehh i forget what i was talking about already.

but yeah. im the one who said hell would be fun!!! mE!!!! but maybe your idea of hell is different from ours/mine. you probably got that whole idea in your head of demons with pitchforks satan ass-raming you all the time and eternity of pushing a 20ton boulder up a 89degree hill. where i believe if it even exists satan will throw partys all the time and its a constant kegger and all our favorite dead death/black/thrash etc... metal musicians are constantly there playing shows and acting crazy like all us metal heads do until satan has finaly conjured enough souls to rise up and conquer the world and slaughter the heavens resulting in apocalyptic madness. i bet you think im extremely crazy... you just wait and see... :) but thats only if i believed it existed. im one of those guys who just go on with my life and not worry anything about religion since all of it is so questionable. but if one day a so called god or satan or buddah or whatever pops up in front of me and shows me the truth then ill make up my mind. but that hasnt happened to me yet.... so.... ima do whatever.
i think its safe to say that 98% of the people on here dont care if your chrisitan or whatever as long as you dont start trying to force your believes on us. because (probably) none of us care and most of us would probably think your full of shit.

im actualy suprised you dont like mortification though. i thought there early early stuff was great! Scrolls Of The Megaloth! \m/

damn it DemonsAndLies666, your posts are getting too long, still fun though

The other thing that has yet to be said here is that Tomasz harrasses every noob about Hootie and the Blowfish, so I wouldn't be too offended by it. on a side note, i thought that the principles of christianity said that people are saved by faith, not acts, essentially giving you free reign to persue your interests.

Well I love AA, and believe they totally kick arse, I'd recommend getting either versus the world or the avenger both great albums. You shouldn't also worry too much about the anti-christian themes and even though I am a christian I can understand where AA is coming from we destroyed their culture and religion, so it is understandable that they wouldn't like us. I know I wouldn't like someone coming and forcing me to believe something different and alien to what my people have believed for hundreds of years.

I'd say worrying about what the lyrics are is pretty stupid. Seriously. You don't listen to the band for their lyrics, you listen to them because of the music. To say anything else makes you no better than those radio listening knotheads that think that Linkin Park is the most creative band of all time. I could see how the vocals sound would turn you away because that actually contibutes to the music.

Its not like YOU are the one who wrote and sing the lyrics so YOU aren't offending which ever invisible man you pray to. You aren't responsible for other peoples actions. To say that you can't listen to Amon Amarth's albums because of anti-christian lyrics because it offends Gods is like watching the news and seeing a murder which offends God so you stop watching the news.

Anyway, buy Fate of Norns.

Thrymfal said:
The other thing that has yet to be said here is that Tomasz harrasses every noob about Hootie and the Blowfish, so I wouldn't be too offended by it. on a side note, i thought that the principles of christianity said that people are saved by faith, not acts, essentially giving you free reign to persue your interests.

Hehe, I just accidentally deleted my whole long response to this :erk: and I'm really tired and lazy so here's a slightly shorter version... :(

Yes you are completely correct in saying that Christianity (at least true christianity) says that we are saved by faith and not through [our] works.

Basically what happens when you become a christian is that you are indwelled by the holy spirit who helps you resist the urges of the flesh (our sinful nature), and combat sin. You will sin though nonetheless and will continue to do so until the end of time when you are glorified in heaven with a new body and mind and are literally unable to sin.

If a christian continues to sin, it brings into question the faith of that christian, and may mean that he/she never truly accepted Jesus/holy spirit into their heart. Which is bad big time.

Paul (an early christian missionary that lived in the 1st Century and wrote several books in the bible... that were of course inspired by God) explains this much better than me though so here you go:

"The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased grace increased all the more, so that just as sin reigned in death so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

What shall we say then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life."

Ok, I'm gonna take a stab at explaining the above, but it's quite as hard as I'm neither God nor one of the greatest christian teachers of all time.

Basically, God allowed Satan to cause the fall of man in the first place and the entire "salvation" thing for one purpose. To bring glory to himself, and at the same time save us (which I'm freaking grateful for :cool: ). This might sound stuck up, but since he's God, there's no one higher up on the chain to give glory to except himself.

He put the law in place (the rules that determine what "sin" is) to in effect allow the creation of more sin, but at the same time increase the glory he brings to himself and the mercy of it all, because the lower we sink, the more great it is when he brings us out of the pit through salvation through faith.

If it were salvation by works, which is simply impossible to accomplish in the first place because none of us are perfect, the sacrifice of Christ Jesus would be basically made useless. God doesn't want us to devalue the sacrifice of his son.

The reason we should not go on sinning is that because we "died to sin" and were baptized into Christ Jesus's death, it is simply illogical to sin. We are born anew, and we should strive to live as such, with the holy spirit to help.

So, technically, yes, a Christian can sin alot, and still be a christian because it's thru faith not thru works. But if the christian shows zero remorse, and no desire to repent, his salvation comes into serious question because it is questionable whether he is really indwelt by the holy spirit and "saved".

So there's my long-short answer to your question.

I hope it answers it, if you have more questions/comments feel free to ask, I'll attempt to answer ;)

I'm prolly gonna get flamed a ton for the above post, but well... hehe, bring it on :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :D

---

Ok sorry for the misunderstanding about the whole complement to the newb (me) thingie, misunderstood you :p

Oh and yes I DONT CARE ABOUT LYRICS!!! Lyrics are the dead last priority to me in comparison to guitar riffs/solos drum/bass beats, and general coolness... And true, I did not write them but I'm still responsible partly if I knowingly listen to anti-God lyrics. Will I go to hell if I do listen to anti-God lyrics? No. But do I want to listen to anti-God lyrics and in turn sin and bring disgrace to God? No. So THAT's why I was so persistent in asking about what AA sings about. :)

I hope you all understand.

BRING ON THE FLAMAGE! :D