Religion and Sience

I think science is to blame for alot of things people find bad. For example, why drink unfiltered water and theoretically get sick when you can drink filtered water and NEVER get sick? If you trained your body to handle the unfiltered, how many times are you gonna get sick before you stop getting sick?

Is it not sick to be exclusive?

did you ever ask why they put filters for water?

emm.. it's hard to get a book written in English, especially new ones, unless you go to bookseller and you ask him to order it, and then you will have to wait for some time, otherwise, you go to Amideast and see if it there, or you can order it too, but without paying anything, coz you won't own it lol. Almost everyone reads either in Arabic or in French here.

usually books written in america will get translated into 1 or 2 other languages before french or arabic, and american books take a little longer getting translated than books written in U.K.

the "filers" are for "filtering out" harmful bactiria, used as an alternative to adding "bacteria-killing-chemicals" which are actually more eficient at killing helpful bacteria than harmful bacteria (in america "anti-bacterial" soap will have a warning reading "for external use only" or "do not ingest" because anything labeled "anti-bacterial" will kill efficiently kill the digestive-tract bacteria that does digestion, and you body will have difuculty absorbing nutrients

the "filers" are for "filtering out" harmful bactiria, used as an alternative to adding "bacteria-killing-chemicals" which are actually more eficient at killing helpful bacteria than harmful bacteria (in america "anti-bacterial" soap will have a warning reading "for external use only" or "do not ingest" because anything labeled "anti-bacterial" will kill efficiently kill the digestive-tract bacteria that does digestion, and you body will have difuculty absorbing nutrients

I already know why. But I asked if he could ask the reason why they use filters, he wouldn't say such thing, or at least, give such example

Did you ever ask your mom for unfiltered water only for your whole life? Perhaps you would adapt, or at least your children would adapt. Change is inevitable, I think it would be according to the theory of Darwin that all species will adapt at their own pace.

Setting the pace for yourself might unbalance you for a while, but when that becomes normal, there is always room for improvement. Is Darwin wrong?

Monoxide_Child, do you have a title or author for the book that we were discussing earlier?
Most households in the US are already drinking chemically treated water, since city / village water supplies are chlorinated and fluorinated before they make it into the pipes for civilian consumption anyway. The filters are intended more for the filtration of heavy metals and other mineral contaminants that are dissolved into the water during transport.
Did you ever ask your mom for unfiltered water only for your whole life? Perhaps you would adapt, or at least your children would adapt. Change is inevitable, I think it would be according to the theory of Darwin that all species will adapt at their own pace.

Setting the pace for yourself might unbalance you for a while, but when that becomes normal, there is always room for improvement. Is Darwin wrong?
That's not how evolution works at all. First of all, genetic mutations occur randomly and infrequently, and generally are maladaptive, not beneficial, which is why evolution takes such a long time. Secondly, the forces determining whether a change will become a characteristic of the species are environmental. Predation, sexual selection, inter-species and intra-species competition, climate, atmosphere, topography, resources and even chance all play a role in determining whether a characteristic will flourish or fail. No species ever has the luxury of evolving at its own pace however. Either it's lucky enough to meet the challenges of its environment, or it goes extinct.

But adaptation can be forced. That's half of my point, while evolution may come slowly, I can adapt to any scenario. I can drink unfiltered water for the rest of my life, it will never kill me nor harm me.

Eventually, I might progress to bacteria infested waters. Lower doses of bacteria at first, but eventually getting stronger the body will keep up or die. If a woman can think she's pregnant and the body will keep up with those thoughts AFTER she thinks it, so shall be my body's fate if I force it to.

It can happen, is what I'm getting at. You can adapt to and survive ANYTHING.

But adaptation can be forced. That's half of my point, while evolution may come slowly, I can adapt to any scenario. I can drink unfiltered water for the rest of my life, it will never kill me nor harm me.

Eventually, I might progress to bacteria infested waters. Lower doses of bacteria at first, but eventually getting stronger the body will keep up or die. If a woman can think she's pregnant and the body will keep up with those thoughts AFTER she thinks it, so shall be my body's fate if I force it to.

It can happen, is what I'm getting at. You can adapt to and survive ANYTHING.
I drink unfiltered water too, but that water is clean enough that it doesn't need to be filtered. As far as "building yourself up," that's not going to work if you're drinking water tainted with mineral contaminants such as lead or mercury, or bacterial pathogens such as E. coli, salmonella, or dysentery. In the case of the heavy metals, you will gradually store up more and more, consistently suffering from progressively worse neurodegeneration. In the cases of the diseases, you may survive and eventually get better, but you will never build up such a strong immunity that you stop getting sick after continued exposure.

As far as the pregnancy thing, I have no idea what you're talking about, unless it's an advanced form of psychological placebo effect. However, such a heavy delusional state would be a pathology in itself.

I already know why. But I asked if he could ask the reason why they use filters, he wouldn't say such thing, or at least, give such example

the filters being discussed are used for "drinking water", they're used for preventing humans from ingesting harmful bactieria

I found that book on Amazon finally. Picture is clickable.

EDIT: Okay, so apparently you can parse url and img tags together on this forum.

511taP%2BBT5L._SS500_.jpg

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Evolution-First-Four-Billion-Years/dp/067403175X[/ame]

EDIT2: Or maybe just not amazong links.

you will gradually store up more and more, consistently suffering from progressively worse neurodegeneration.

But there is also methods to purge the body of these contaminants. I never did think about that before, but it does bring a question to mind in order to develop a proper method for purging, such as where these buildups are stored, how are they accumulating, and other trends of the like.

As far as the pregnancy thing, I have no idea what you're talking about, unless it's an advanced form of psychological placebo effect. However, such a heavy delusional state would be a pathology in itself.

I have never witnessed it but I was informed that the mind can simulate a response so powerful that it triggers the cycles involved with conception, such as breast enlargement and/or hormone level increase, or at least believe it is happening even if there is no actual hormone increase or breast enlargement.

I have never witnessed it but I was informed that the mind can simulate a response so powerful that it triggers the cycles involved with conception, such as breast enlargement and/or hormone level increase, or at least believe it is happening even if there is no actual hormone increase or breast enlargement.
hmmm i heard that too somewhere... maybe some book by some occultist... i guess its not studied of in modern medical science... they are too busy trying to find out whether toilet seats cause anal cancer.

for the unfiltered water theory, well you are applying the theory of evolution to EVERYTHING, but i guess it'll never work... water can always get DIRTIER!! believe me, i am from a place where we have been used to drinking not-so-pure water for generations but even we fall sick (from behind)!

as for religions, they are probably the most stagnant and unverified things that exists and those who have tried to devise/rationality (or tried to carve religion 2.0 :rolleyes:) have done it in complete silence, for those who believe in the old blabbering, you cannot teach the blind to see. :lol:

You should look up Astrology. It is a good combination with the Old Testament, and most of the New Testament.

These often clash.I just cant stand religious extremism where facts and proven studies are being viewed as hoax and fantasy.

I mention dinosaurs. She pauses and says these words to me......"You know thats a hoax right?". After a couple minutes of conversation on it i realized that was actually her opinion. THE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL TAUGHT HER THAT DINOSAURS WERE A HOAX!!!!!!!!!

:tickled:
:tickled:
seriously though, there are "young earth creationists" that believe carbon dating is wrong and that "laviathan" and "bohemoth" both interatcting with humans were actually dinosaurs interacting with people and that the "heavens and earth" didn't exist at all untill about 4 thousand BC

Dinosaurs were Dinosaurs :D

this thread was about how religious people use religion as an excuce to ignore science

like the creationists that say micro-evolution is prolly bullshit just because macro-evolution is proven to be bullshit
if you actually study the difference between micro and macro evolution, you would know that micro evolution is not merely "accurate" but that virtually everything alive today is actually the result of micro-evolution happening constantly