Christopher Lee's Charlemagne

SymphonyXV

Mar 9, 2010
Albany, NY
Have any of you heard this? I was in the music store and found this and couldn't believe it was real then I listened to it and bought it. It's a rock opera about Charlemagne with Christopher Lee singing on it and Rhaposdy of Fire playing behind it! I've never seen an 87 year old sing metal and he is damn good too!

I still haven't unwrapped it yet. Just the fact an 87 year old can sing symphonic metal amazes me. I think on his next album he should reprise Dracula and get a band like Iced Earth behind him. That'd be just as insanely epic.

I just can't believe that the same man who met Felix Yusupov(the prince who orchestrated the plot to kill Rasputin) and dined with J.R.R. Tolkien is singing in a metal band in the 21st Century.

That's like something out of a metal song. Mind crushingly awesome.

I think it's pretty I SHED THE BLOOD OF SAXON MEN I SHED THE BLOOD OF SAXON MEN I SHED THE BLOOD OF SAXON MEN I SHED THE BLOOD OF SAXON MEN I SHED THE BLOOD OF SAXON MEN I SHED THE BLOOD OF SAXON MEN I SHED THE BLOOD OF SAXON MEN I SHED THE BLOOD OF SAXON MEN I SHED THE BLOOD OF SAXON MEN I SHED THE BLOOD OF SAXON MEN I SHED THE BLOOD OF SAXON MEN I SHED THE BLOOD OF SAXON MEN I SHED THE BLOOD OF SAXON MEN I SHED THE BLOOD OF SAXON MEN I SHED THE BLOOD OF SAXON MEN I SHED THE BLOOD OF SAXON MEN I SHED THE BLOOD OF SAXON MEN I SHED THE BLOOD OF SAXON MEN I SHED THE BLOOD OF SAXON MEN I SHED THE BLOOD OF SAXON MEN I SHED THE BLOOD OF SAXON MEN

Well? There was alot of saxons...

All I know is the song Kid Charlemagne kicks total ass.... if you like jazzy funk

I listened to the whole album last night and it's not at all what I thought it was going to be. It's not really symphonic metal. There are short sections of what maybe could be considered metal but most of it is just piano and Chris singing. He can hardly break an octave when he sings too but I definately give him credit for trying. I have never heard an 88 year old sing on a rock opera. I think if I listen to it a few more times it'll grow on me.

If you find yourself aroused when listening to a metalized version of a history class lesson, then go for it. Only one really memorable song - the one with Saxon men lol

I mean, the metallish parts are pretty good, but they is way too little of it, so it just leaves the boring storytelling... Come on, even storytelling mode can be awesome, like in the case of Bal-Sagoth :p

Lol this is amazing and funny at the same time.

But this thread goes here>
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...-whatever-yours-anyones-promotion-thread.html

Njaaaaeh, I don't think so.

There's a difference between wanting to discuss a band or music, and to blatantly promote it (i.e. "listen to my friend's band!").

That thread is there to reduce the amount of threads that solely promote a band (which we get a lot of on a forum like this), not to eliminate the purpose of the whole forum.

That is at least how I see it.

Njaaaaeh, I don't think so.

There's a difference between wanting to discuss a band or music, and to blatantly promote it (i.e. "listen to my friend's band!").

That thread is there to reduce the amount of threads that solely promote a band (which we get a lot of on a forum like this), not to eliminate the purpose of the whole forum.

That is at least how I see it.

Yes.