Chuck billy comparisons to James Hetfield...

chuck billy is SO MUCH BETTER than james hetfield. why? cuz:

*-the range of vocals of billy is higher than hetfield.
*the growling vocals of billy are brutal, hetfield doesn't sing growly.
*billy sings live SO MUCH BETTER than hetfield (i've seen that in person)
*the connection with the public in the concert is different. Billy is so much "nearly" with the fans live than hetfield. (in Chile was a fact)

another thing: there are a lot of people think testament is a cheap copy of metallica..... that is a "frase culia totalmente aweonada digna de weones imbeciles" (a chilean way to say: that is a great bullsh*t , can be said only be assholes who know only metallica and don't know testament)

testament is TOTALLY MORE BRUTAL AND BETTER than metallica. metallica is a poor OVERRATED band who got 3 good albums and a lot of shit. (the worst : load- re-shit load and st anger (for all hell that album really sucks!!!!))

Even i think St Anger is a cheap copy in a way of The Gathering of Testament (incredible album)

billyvox said:
Who thinks that Chuck Billy sounds like James Hetfield? I can hear the diffrence but whenever im playing testament in the car my friends are always like ooo is this metallica? and I hate that, and they are like they sound jus like them. Anyone?

It did happen to me once when a friend of mine made me listen Practice What You Preach and I thought it was Metallica. I think you can really tell the difference now. But I prefer Chuck's voice over James Hetfield's any day.

DHD said:
Don't be so naive Tyler. LOL. It's phrases here and there, the odd chorus to a song. It's not whole songs. I know it's hard to hear the truth sometimes but there is no real Father Christmas. + I'm sure I read an interview some time ago where Eric says as much as I've said. It's no big deal. Metallica where the number one thrash band leading the way back in the day. Lots of bands took their cues from Metallica, it's no big deal. And like I said I actually prefered Testament back in the day and I still do in the present day.

Peace,
DHD

Naive?!?!:lol: Comedy Platinum!

If what you were typing is truth, I wouldn't be a fan of Testament. I don't give a flying fuck about Selloutica and if they lead a fucking gay pride parade. Selloutica may have been around the Bay Area along with Forbidden, Exodus, Violence, Death Angel etc, but just because they got more recognition in the press does NOT mean that all other bands from the Bay Area were trying to emulate them.

The way I hear it right from the beginning - Testament were way more heavier in forging their own sound, better song & music composition, killer pile-driving drums, evisceratingly sharp and deadly riffs and shredding guitar solos. The only influence Selloutica 'may' have had on Testament, would be to provide them the inspiration to make Selloutica and all the other bands in the Bay Area choke to a violent demise on their fucking dust!!!

ANY tiny vocal expressions by Chuck that sound similar to that fag as far as I'm concerned are mere coincidence - nothing more.

As for all you fucks bleating on about how Chuck doesn't have as much vocal range as Large Oilrig's buddy... STFU!!! I'd love to see James Halfwit, Joey Belladonna etc. even attempt to match anything close to the versatility of. Chuck Billy's gargantuan depth charge roars, solid steel mid-range and highly melodic and powerful clean ballad voice...

...and THAT... is the fucking end of it.