Chuck Schuldiner (Death) Equipment question...

sir Royal Eddie

Awesome Member
Feb 21, 2007
Florida, USA
www.cobhc.com
Hey, I know this is kind of odd but I couldn't find a Death Forum anywhere and I thought this mite be the only appropriate place to ask? Anyways, YES I know about www.Emptywords.com and how they list his guitars and amps and stuff that's NOT what I'm concerned about. What no site mentions is what type/brand of Flanger Effect Pedal Chuck uses? If anyone know's it'd be awesome. Or if they could name an Awesome Flanger effect peddal haha ;)

does he even use a flanger? I never heard it in his songs. And some interviews I've read seem to agree ->
http://www.emptywords.org/Pit06-99.htm said:
Well, I really have a simple set up. I've been playing the B.C.Rich Stealth for years now. I have three of them, one is a custom black one that is my main stage guitar, one is an emerald green that is really beautiful, and an old one that I recently stripped down. They all have a fixed bridge and one Dimarzio X2N pickup which is a key to my sound. My amp is a Marshall Valvestate head and cabinet, that's about it. I don't use effects except for a little chorus on my leads, I really like a basic setup.

Well it's used very rarely. Like in the beginning to Lack of Comprehension and it used a lot through out Human and Symbolic. He usually only uses SOME Chorus sometimes live for solo's but thats about it. Just the Flanger on the records sounds so cool! :headbang:

Because that was a horribly pointless and off topic post. Why the fuck would you boast about the amp that you're mummy and daddy bought you in a thread about Chuck Schuldiner.

3 b.c. rich stealths. same premise as this

bcrich-stealth-s.jpg

but of course his are custom, all fixed bridges, all just have one pickup. marshal valvestate head/cab.