Chuck Schuldiner - Rest in peace dude.

27.01.02: bradford rio, (scream bloody roar - chuck schuldiner tribute fest) Solace Denied with sabbat, stamping ground, akercocke, extreme noise terror, bloodstream, dukes of nothing, primordial, labrat & slavestate
- tickets: £10.00 (advance), doors open 1pm. contact us if you want any more info

and just as this was about to happen...

:cry:

i heard money from that was gonna go towards helping Chuck, but its too late now. rest in peace, and if you can make it down to Bradford, it would be a nice send off.

But, what happend to him? I didn't know about his death till today.

Quimo. Either the cancer or something else related did it in october or november he was admited with neumonia just because he was very weak for the quimo...he was very fragile more than the rest of us. Now there is no doubt in my mind that we will try our best to honor his music and play it every chance we have.

This is so weird...yesterday for some reason i did nothing but remember his music i was on my way to a guitar shop listening to scream bloody gore, i was wearing ( and still am ) my TSOP tshirt i runned into a lot of people i did not knew and we ended up talking about Mantas and Death ( this tshirt always makes strangers ask me things ) and i wake up and the first thing i realize is that i slept in my TSOP tshirt and the first thing i see in the monitor after the refresh was Chuck Shuldiner - Rest in peace dude...i wonder why he was on my mind so much things like this make me wish i was a more spritual person to understand this...

Originally posted by Misanthrope

Quimo. Either the cancer or something else related did it in october or november he was admited with neumonia just because he was very weak for the quimo...he was very fragile more than the rest of us. Now there is no doubt in my mind that we will try our best to honor his music and play it every chance we have.

yeah im pretty sure it was the cancer, and i quite like the idea of every playing a song in his honour, maybe at a set time or something too?

I know your strange feelings Misanthrope. I just started jamming with another band, and we had been playing a lot of death tunes in the last week. I started listening to my Death CD's again about 3 or 4 nights ago, and rediscovering how great they were. On the night of The 13th, ws the first night I cried in ages. But I wasn't sad.....I went to bed, and when I would close my eyes, tears would start coming out. I wasn't sad, and couldn't figure out what was wrong. I'd open them, and it would stop...I felt a little scared, but wasn't quite sure why.

I think now I know what they were about....

This is incredibly sad, definitely the worst news I could imagine happening in metal. Chuck was a true visionary and an inspiration for countless musicians, and one who has done more to push the boundaries of extreme metal than anyone else. He was a remarkable talent and a great personality. My thoughts are with you and your family. May your legacy live on.

I just got my very first Death album a couple days ago (Individual Thought Patterns) and it's very good. And now I here this bad news. What can I say? I am going to have to buy all of deaths albums as a tribute to Chuck. RIP

this really sucks man. just yesterday i was listening to control denied and death and thinking how great this man was. i thought he was gonna get through this too. oh well man you know now at least he is well and free.

This just made me cry..... and I can't stop......
I was never even a great fan of Death or COntrol Denied, but the fact that we lost this man, really hurts. I never cry to anyone dying, why am I crying?
...........................Farewell Chuck.......................

As the man himself said: "Expect the unexpected".
What I say: Thank you for a lot of great music dude, I know you'll always be remembered for some of thegreatest metal tunes ever.

See ya Chuck
I hope I'll go to the same place as you when I die.

May I quote myself from the emptywords.org memorial guestbook...

Unaware of the news, I bought the new live album yesterday. It made me think the band has never sounded this good! Of course I mentioned to the salesman about Chuck's situation, and how I hope
to support him by buying the album...then yesterday evening a friend told me the tragic news. I can't really believe this just happened...
Chuck, you left us with a legacy and lifework most of us will never reach and for which you have every reason to be proud of. I, and countless others, will remember you as one of the most persistent and creative musicians metal has seen. I truly respected your approach. Rest in Peace.
"Your magic frozen in time"