Chuck Schuldiner

thewendy

the webmistress
from www.emptywords.org

Today we have to give you the saddest news ever. Chuck lost the fight for his life on December 13 2001 at 4 PM EST. We are all in shock and despite any expectations we had, we can't believe that this is really happening.

A farewell word has been posted on the memorial page. Needless to say, we will continue with EmptyWords to honor Chuck's memory, and the memory of the wonderful music he shared with us all.

http://www.emptywords.org

I am not shocked, but it was odd to hear that he was progressing well recently, and then to hear this shortly thereafter......Everyone should have this God of the metal world on their minds today; wish him well.

His skills, talent, and message will live on in his music.......

L8rs,
DavE

UGGHHHH NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD, ONE OF MY FIRST TIMES GETTING HIGH WAS WHEN I BOUGHT "SCREAM BLOODY GORE" THE WEEK IT CAME OUT ON COMBAT RECORDS...I EVEN HAVE A POORLY DONE TATTOO OF THE DEATH LOGO ON MY ARM CUZ IT (s.b.g.)BLEW ME AWAY SO BAD!!!!!!!......I NEED TO GO BE ALONE FOR AWHILE........:( DAMN IT!!!!

I urge everyone and anyone to sign the condolence book at the emptywords site to show how strong we are as a metal-community...

more than 450 messages have been posted since he passed away. Chuck Schuldiner lives within his fans, and in his music.

The journey has just begun...!

This is incredibly sad, definitely the worst news I could imagine happening in metal. Chuck was a true visionary and an inspiration for countless musicians, and one who has done more to push the boundaries of extreme metal than anyone else. He was a remarkable talent and a great personality. My thoughts are with you and your family. May your legacy live on.

I am totally shocked, its Saturday December 15 and I just now found out. I usually check the board everyday, but I've been busy with work and getting ready for Christmas (the biggest commercialized holiday in my opinion). I just listened to Symbolic yesterday. The world has truly lost a very gifted musician and person. Chuck, I hope you find your SACRED SERENITY. As Trapped has said, you and your music were truly "THE VOICE OF THE SOUL". Call me a wimp or a "pussy" but I'll probably cry the next time I hear "THE VOICE OF THE SOUL". I want this song played at my funeral because it is so emotional. Chuck may you rest in peace.

What a start to my day, to wake up and read the awful news. I am deeply saddened. One of my favorite musicians gone. The realization is especially difficult. I expected this day to come, but somehow I felt he was immortal. I can't even express in words how I feel.

Shit...no words...

What's strange is the timeliness of it. These Death vs Opeth or Death vs Cynic polls were almost an early warning or an early farewell/tribute of sorts.

Rest in peace Chuck. Thanks for the music, thanks for the memories.

is death...
And even this word has a different meaning now Chuck died.
It's hard to deal with reality, most of the time i can't understand it and by the time i think i'm in control, it came up with me, before i took my second breath.
It's sad that a talent as Chuck had to leave this world.
May he rest in peace...

" When we see the face of evil,
it will be the demon reality" . C.S.

xxx Iris xxx

Time is a thing we must accept - The unexpected I sometimes fear - Just when I feel there's no excuse for what happens things fall into place - I know there is no way to avoid the pain that we must go through to find the other half that is true - Destiny is what we all seek - Destiny was waiting for you and me
I believe behind confusion awaits the thruth for us - Past the obstacles we face - I value our life and trust -Years of questioning why things happen the way they do in life - Whising that I could turn back time, so we could join our souls - I know there is no way to avoid the pain that we must go through, to find the other half that is true - Destiny is what we all seek - Destiny was waiting for you and me

----------------------------------------------------------------

we all knew it was coming but this is still hard news to take. thank you american health system.

everyone, support Chuck's family-- they're still paying his medical bills.

I hate RIP's. I can't see any meaning in his death (in the christian way), I don't believe in destiny either. It is just unfair. The only words that come in my mind are "only the good die young". And that't fucking unfair.

I just hope he is now relieved