Circa 2021: Notable Releases

came here to post this; same

we'll see...
I'm liking tracks 2, 4, and 5 the best--a little more dynamic than the others--. On topic--the two most underrated albums in funeral/death/doom are Farmakon and Rapture--thoughts?

On to other 2021 releases (long post ahead)

^^ high quality dutch bm

lofi dutch bm

Absolutely twisted and crazed black/death/doom do it.

lofi symphonic bm--fun

^french bm with some dynamic riffing

polish bm with solid dynamics drenched in reverbs

finnish weirdo black/death that sounds greek--weird

fun american bm with some bounce (the hype is justified)

Upstate NY weirdo bm post-punk/folk --lots of upfront bass. One of the most pleasant surprises of 2021--

electro industrial - do it.

Longer tracks:

^^ this band is evolving nicely-a dynamic cohesive album

bm with a heavy dose of electronics (guy from kaatayra)

They had another release earlier this year, this one has a lot more ambience --but really well done atmosphere

ritualistic black/doom--do it.

^^ bm with some native american influences (like a lofi nechochwen--solid dynamics, some acoustic parts-good stuff-fun surprise of 2021

^^ From the same label -- shorter form songs --acoustic interludes are fantastic -- love the band name

some death metal:

Reactions: Ellestin
I own the Acausal Intrusion. Good shit that makes Gorguts sound weak. I will check out the rest during my graveyard shift. Dont wanna scare anyone.

These are a couple that I've thoroughly enjoyed from this year

I own the Acausal Intrusion. Good shit that makes Gorguts sound weak. I will check out the rest during my graveyard shift. Dont wanna scare anyone.
These are a couple that I've thoroughly enjoyed from this year
Yea that acausal intrusion is great stuff--love that snare sound. Also forgot to post that Disenchanted--now I don't have to!

On topic--the two most underrated albums in funeral/death/doom are Farmakon and Rapture--thoughts?
i'm about ready to agree with this

both are huge investments in time and attention if you're going to absorb them properly but they are rewarding if you do

i barely ever listen to farmakon because it's kind of draining but i appreciate its quality

New Mystras in early November.

a4082923220_10.jpg

Loving this one recently:

and also new KD is awesome--above and beyond their last few albums--and definitely a grower :kickass: (I can say that now that jerry is gone right?)

Reactions: Krilons Resa
This is going to be a 2022 release, but whatever, new band The Halo Effect featuring Mikael Stanne, Jesper Stromblad and other notable former members of In Flames. The first song sounds much more DT than In Flames to me. It's alright I guess.