Circa 2021: Notable Releases

so i guess eucharist is now generic norsecore without even a hint of what made them unique and beautiful

completely forgettable, like a lesser release from invasion records circa 1997

my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

Last edited:
Reactions: Ellestin

so i guess eucharist is now generic norsecore without even a hint of what made them unique and beautiful

completely forgettable, like a lesser release from invasion records circa 1997

my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

dude. this was trash.

Dark Tranquillity....this is your future

Reactions: einride
fans of the Kilimandjaro Darkjazz Ensemble maybe GTF in there.

Jason Köhnen (Mansur / The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble / The Mount Fuji Doomjazz Corporation) returns to his experimentations within the realms of Darkjazz.

The Lovecraft Sextet is his new creative outlet regarding further explorations into cinematic jazz orientated compositions.

'In Memoriam' is a debut inspired by death, release and rebirth. Jason Köhnen has chosen to incorporate funereal aspects of classical, operatic and Gregorian music for this debut release.

https://thelovecraftsextet.bandcamp.com/

very formulaic stuff but at the same time heartfelt and not really heard before in that combination of elements.

A lot of people are complaining about that, which is fucking bonkers. They should go back to the 80's and be outraged by the Egyptian themes on "Powerslave"

or the mayan themes in "book of souls"
or the viking themes in "invasion"
or the russian themes in "mother russia"
or the hellenic themes in "alexander the great"
or the scottish themes in "the clansman"
or the falklandic themes in "como estais amigos"
or the vaguely arabian themes in "the nomad"
or the

Reactions: Henrik Main
I will get my CDC/WHO/UN/FAG vaccine passport just to go see Iron Maiden live in concert with 40,000 of my closest friends.

new Thyrfing if anyone but me still cares. Thyrfing (bandcamp.com)

I'm probably the only one excited about new Thyrfing. Ever since the Naglfar dude joined, they've been reinvigorated. Drops on Friday.

And new Helheim! Another one everyone overlooks these days. Drops late October.

a2777698062_10.jpg