Circa 2021: Notable Releases

One to two line reviews on everything posted last few pages. Hate to see posts go answered. Cursory listens of one song or album under 10 mins.

Iron Maiden- Pretty good, though not going to win any county fairs.

Cathexis- Another decent offering, but lacked just a cunt hair of oomph. Akin to shoving your hog in a bog devoid of sog. Tits n face looking Grace Kelly esque, but lacked the friction. Ended up spooging into a sock. (Putting some else on)

Thy Cuckafelque- This is catchy af, will listen to in its entirety soon. May have to do so in private.

Laetitia in Holocaust - What tf is this shit? This is pretty gnarly. Great audible bass, dank ass cover, nice little catchiness to it without veering off to fagdom.

Gnosis-This is a wet noodle, not doing shit for me. Much like Ramen, I wouldn't reach for this to fill my belly, even though its palatable.

Mystras-Better than the recording that was made in a telephone booth in the bottom of the sea. The Delta Variant of this band's output. Twice has communicable, half as deadly.

Winner-Laetitia and her grandiose titias.

a0090119119_10.jpg

new Thyrfing if anyone but me still cares. Thyrfing (bandcamp.com)

Reactions: SonOfNun
That new Enslaved tracks craps all over Utgard. Instead of sounding tired/safe it's very lively/exciting.

The production on this album is horrifically disappointing from what I've heard. I also really dislike the vocalist. It's really a bummer because the guitar parts are very nice... I just can't see myself getting into this too easily.

The peak was "Spear of the Lily..."

Wow so Sculptured are on BMG now? Not that sellin' records makes sense in 2021 but... how?

I'm guessing they were grandfathered in with the whole The End thing and then likely forgotten about by the cigar smoking execs, and/or there's one dude that carried over from the olden days that is a huge Sculptured fan and worked the new release on the sly so nobody else noticed. BMG doesn't even know they remain on the roster.

Why the hell am I writing a story about that aspect? Good song, listened twice.

Last edited:
Wow so Sculptured are on BMG now? Not that sellin' records makes sense in 2021 but... how?

I'm guessing they were grandfathered in with the whole The End thing and then likely forgotten about by the cigar smoking execs, and/or there's one dude that carried over from the olden days that is a huge Scuptured fan and worked the new release on the sly so nobody else noticed. BMG doesn't even know they remain on the roster.

Why the hell am I writing a story about that aspect? Good song, listened twice.
makes me think of this bona fide internet classic:

https://sites.google.com/site/forgottenemployee/

That new Enslaved tracks craps all over Utgard. Instead of sounding tired/safe it's very lively/exciting.
So I went back to Utgard, listened several times. It fucking sucks, and I figured out why:

The album is a dry fart. Yes, it's a fart, but uneventful. Lingers for a moment, and then gone, forgotten forever. This is my impression with every single spin. Because even a wet fart might tell a tale later, but nope, this one is blink and you miss it / don't care.

Worst. Enslaved. Ever.

But that new song already has my proverbial britches polluted with delight, so hopefully the new lineup has a firm grasp upon their great whatever.

makes me think of this bona fide internet classic:

https://sites.google.com/site/forgottenemployee/
This is so amazing, I've never seen it before. :lol:

So I went back to Utgard, listened several times. It fucking sucks, and I figured out why:

The album is a dry fart. Yes, it's a fart, but uneventful. Lingers for a moment, and then gone, forgotten forever. This is my impression with every single spin. Because even a wet fart might tell a tale later, but nope, this one is blink and you miss it / don't care.

Worst. Enslaved. Ever.

My name is J. and I endorse this message.

Utgard is bad. Real bad. Worse than Vertebrae bad

Reactions: NAD
Yo @MFJ

Those Norwegian label mates of yours kick my dick in

https://diskordband.bandcamp.com/

Been on the lookout for this ever since seeing them live a while back. Nerdy tech but palatable death metal, love the dry gritty sound and alien atmospheres

Yes, this band is really good! It's probably one of their top sellers of all time, if I had to guess. A lot of the label's releases are pretty similar... just that same, tried-and-true, unoriginal death metal. It seems like they're really trying to diversity and move away from the standard stuff. I need to pick up a copy of this one.