Circle II Circle's ProgPower Pre Show set

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
From their Web Site..

Touring is scheduled for the fall 2006 through out Europe and a special 90 minute performance at the "Progpower Festival" Sept. 14th - 16th the only show where CIIC will play "Burden Of Truth" in it's entirety along with some classics...

Should be fun to hear their entire album. August 4th release by the way. Looking forward to it... even if I'm not a huge DaVinci Code person. =)

General Zod said:
So two thirds of the show will be dedicated to brand new material? That's an odd choice.

Zod

I think it's an intriguing choice. This is the one show where they will not only be performing before their core audience, but also as a true headliner with an extended set. This is really the only chance they will get to perform the entire concept album in a live setting ala Mindcrime.

As for the disc, I'll post a review next week if all goes well.

Glenn H.

sounds kickass. I didn't know they were working on a concept disc. I hope Paul O'Neill isn't contributing too much... that guy's ability to write a concept has gone into the toilet.

From Blabbermouth:

CIRCLE II CIRCLE, the band featuring former SAVATAGE frontman Zachary Stevens, have finalized the track listing for their third album, "Burden of Truth", due on August 4 via AFM Records.

CIRCLE II CIRCLE have created a very special record based on the "Holy Blood Holy Grail" and "The Da Vinci Code" theory of a Holy Bloodline extending up to our modern day.

Commented Zak: "This is the record I’ve been trying to make my whole life and now's it's finished. Fuck, what a great feeling it is to finally realize my aspirations after all these years! CIRCLE II CIRCLE/SAVATAGE fans are in for a HUGE treat with this record."

He continued: "50 million fans have read these books and i'm sure they have had some of the same feelings and questions I've had, so the band and I decided to explore our thoughts and share them with our fans. There's definitely some dark stuff on this record but if you really dig deep you'll see that there's a very positive outcome."

"Burden of Truth" was recorded at Tampa's Morrisound Recording. Touring is scheduled for the fall 2006 throughout Europe and a special 90-minute performance at the ProgPower Festival in September — the only show where CIRCLE II CIRCLE will play "Burden Of Truth" in its entirety along with some classics.

"Burden of Truth" track listing:

01. Who Am I To Be
02. Matter Of Time
03. Heal You
04. Revelations
05. This Is Your Reality
06. Evermore
07. The Black
08. Messiah
09. Sentenced
10. Burden of Truth
11. Live As One

Bonus Tracks (acoustically enhanced versions):

12. Into The Wind
13. Burden Of Truth

Harvester said:
I think it's an intriguing choice.
Odd/intriguing... tomato/tomato. Perhaps I could have been more clear with my comment. My intention wasn't to be critical of their decision. Performing a solid hour of brand new material can be risky. Given that the material is conceptual and a large percentage of the audeince may not be familiar with it, they run the risk of seeing a lot of blank faces staring back at them. That said, I'm curious to hear the set and the new disc. Getting a chance to hear Zach the last time he was at PP was a real treat (especially hearing him do "Edge of Thorns"<----one of the greatest songs ever).

Harvester said:
This is the one show where they will not only be performing before their core audience, but also as a true headliner with an extended set. This is really the only chance they will get to perform the entire concept album in a live setting ala Mindcrime.
At this point, artists performing something unique/special at ProgPower is just a foregone conclusion.:kickass:

Zod

Harvester said:
From Blabbermouth:
CIRCLE II CIRCLE have created a very special record based on the "Holy Blood Holy Grail" and "The Da Vinci Code" theory of a Holy Bloodline extending up to our modern day.

OK, so far so good. But then,

Commented Zak: "This is the record I’ve been trying to make my whole life..."

The Da Vinci Code came out in 2003. So Zak Stevens is only three years old? Man, I've heard of child prodigies, but this is ridiculous! :lol:

Ken

I look forward to hearing this cd and then later live in it's entirety.

Glenn, did you release that news post? =p

Or did .. I just happen to come across their Web page slightly before Blabbermouth. Which is eery.

I just read that article about the new album a few minutes ago. Hoorayy new CIIC :). Considering I have seen CIIC once before, I won't mind seeing a set mainly based on the new album.I love when bands perform full albums on stage; Let's hope this album is their best album yet, to make it all the more amazing! Cheers!

I just read this and think this sounds like a cool way to go. I am glad that the new CD is coming out 6 weeks before the show. Depending on how long the new album is I wonder if there will be any room for some Savatage material.

I'm a CIIC fan, and a HUGE Savatage fan. Without hearing the album, I'm wondering if Zak could lose the audience by playing only a new album. Hopefully, it'll be a great release and we'll all be happy

Steve in Philly

Hopefully their third album is good (Can't stand the concept). I enjoyed their second, but for some reason it just didn't stick that much with me. That album also seemed to be maxed up horribly in the studio - seemed like every song had clipping problems. Unless that's the sound they wanted.

Still, should be a great show. I thought their first release was solid (Probably a 70/100), but their live show at ProgPower was incredible when performing that material.

Can't wait!

If the new album is like Watching In Silence, this is good...excellent actually. If it's like The Middle Of Nowhere, a most aptly named album IMO, then this set will be the disappointment of the entire fest.

I like CIIC, but I honestly can't say that I love them...yet. I'm interested in seeing what Zak has came up with both concept and musically speaking.

I wish that I was able to have seen the band perform the first time at PP, but it didn't work out.

With that said, I can't see them not performing a good dosage of Sava classics. I won't be at the pre-party, but I'm being optimistic for those of you that will be.

Regardless, the band is tight, Zak is a veteran, so you'll be in for a great show! \nn/

Harvester said:
I think it's an intriguing choice. This is the one show where they will not only be performing before their core audience, but also as a true headliner with an extended set. This is really the only chance they will get to perform the entire concept album in a live setting ala Mindcrime.

Glenn H.
This is SO gonna rule!:kickass: :headbang:

Harvester said:

Glenn H.

WOW. This is quite a bombshell. I didn't realize CIIC would have a new album out by PPVII. I was expecting a killer set of faves from the first 2 albums and some Savatage classics. I love Watching In Silence and thought Middle of Nowhere was good. I'm a bit hesitant on this new album though, as I'm not really interested in the concept. I really hope this is a great album, otherwise I'll be thinking of all my favorites that they could be playing that I'm missing out on while they're doing the whole new album. They're REALLY taking a BIG chance here.