Circus Maximus

I listened to The 1st Chapter last night to prepare for this, and I remembered what an awesome album it is. The first four tracks are especially excellent, and the title track is great, too.

Isolate smokes. Maximus really takes things to the next level with this release. I feel bad for those who have not yet had the opportunity to see these guys live. Hopefully with the new album comes a U.S. as well.

I listened to the full album, and the best tracks in my opinion are Darkened Mind, Mouth of Madness, and Ultimate Sacrifice. Abyss is pretty cool, too, but the rest I'm not crazy about. I know they'll grow on me, though... the weaker songs from 1st Chapter all did!

Since i need to throw my 2 cents in wherever it's not wanted, i have to say this band is terribly subpar. I don't think i'll check out the new album. forgive me for not giving a shit to waste 45 minutes of my life.

Edit: by the way, i'm in a pissy mood tonight. completely unrelated to circus maximus... i just hate people. i'm probably being a bit more angry towards CM than i should be, but i still think they're a boring rip-off band.

Haven't been able to get into Systematic Chaos or Ghost Opera but thankfully Isolate is giving me something new to listen to other than Paradise Lost. Woo!

By their powers combined... they are Symphony Maximus!

Captain.jpg

Since i need to throw my 2 cents in wherever it's not wanted, i have to say this band is terribly subpar. I don't think i'll check out the new album. forgive me for not giving a shit to waste 45 minutes of my life.

Edit: by the way, i'm in a pissy mood tonight. completely unrelated to circus maximus... i just hate people. i'm probably being a bit more angry towards CM than i should be, but i still think they're a boring rip-off band.

Wow. I respectfully dissent.