Circus Maximus

My 400 disc changer really likes this disc since it plays in random mode EVERYDAY!!!!

Good stuff and I'm looking forward to the next one....

Circus Maximus is really an amazing band. They use their influences well and wisely, although some see them as a "ripoff band". Not so. Just true and honest talent, and they are trying very hard. I wish them all the best, and hope they can tour with Symphony X. It would be an incredible tour. Write to both Sensory and Inside Out to request it. They will listen to us.

I don't see Circus Maximus as a ripoff band at all. Sure, they sound a little bit like a cross between Symphony X and Dream Theater, but they have their own unique sound. I personally like The 1st Chapter more than most of the stuff Dream Theater has written in the past decade or so.

Sin - Awesome song. Heavy, melodic, great riffs.
Alive - Like a mix of 80's Rush and early DT, only heavier and better. Love the riff at about 3:00.
Glory of the Empire - It's so much like the Accolades, but in a great, non ripoff way. One of the best.
Biosfear - A little too much DT-style wanking for me, but still good.
Silence From Angels Above - Not my thing, but a great ballad.
Why Am I Here? - Good, but probably my least favorite. Nothing really stands out to me.
The Prophecy - Reminds me of Awakenings (structurally), and the intro is very DT. Great song, love the riffs.
The 1st Chapter - Kind of like old-school long Rush songs, but with a newer, heavier feel. Love the chugging riffs.
Imperial Destruction - Bluesy and somewhat Megadethy. Catchy and heavy and great.
Haunted Dreams - Don't much care for this one. The vocals seem too loud in the mix, too.

Isolate is a good release. Melodic, fairly straight ahead with some epic songs. It does sound like the guitar player stole Romeo's tone and the keys remind me of some of Kevin Moore's work. After a few listens, l still think The First Chapter contains their better material.

The song Arrival of Love sounds ALOT like something off of When Dream and Day Unite, but with better production and a great vocalist.. So it's actually an excellent song.