Circus Maximus

Apr 3, 2004
Nashville, TN
hey gang,

i was in my car and the only 2 cd's i had in the car were the circus maximus discs. so i played the hell out of them back to back and my conclusion is this. While the 1st one is an amazing disc and a great debut, it to me shows the talent of the band but does have some moments when they sound just like other bands. Isolate however, the band has come into their own and no one sounds like they do. I have to say that I like Isolate much better than the first and that is a big surprise to me. The first cd had plenty of power metal moments and I prefer the power side to the progressive side. I feel that Isolate is a pretty progressive disc. Hands off to the vocalist on Isolate, his voice is amazing and he is easliy one of my favorite voices in metal. Also a mention has to be made for the guitarist. He totally lets it rip in Isolate but keeps the solos very melodic. Isolate has not left my player in 4 days. I love this disc. I sure hope that we see CM at PP soon.

Love to hear what the board thinks of the two.

Thanks

Brand

I agree with the assessment that Isolate is much better than the debut. I don't think I've even listened to the first disc at all since Isolate came out last year.

I love both discs for different reasons but they're on par to me. I love the fresh sound of the first one with the loose feeling and the maturity of the second one with the more concise writing.

Awesome singing and playing. Definitely a top notch band. As far as I'm concerned, they can play PP USA every year for the next 5 years and I'd be very happy.

Cheers!

Steve

np: ZH - Dark Deceiver (this ruuuuuules!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I didn't really care for the first disc. It wasn't until Isolate came out that I really GOT them. Isolate is such an ambitious sound and it really proves the sophomore curse means NOTHING to a great band!

I prefer the first disc myself. Looks like I am in the minority regarding that though.

Just that both have Circles. :lol: Wow, take my jest too seriously and insert obligatory reference to my proliferation. Of the two Circus albums, I too prefer the first one, though the second is still very strong.

isolate is a fucking masterpiece and CIRCUS MAXIMUS NEEDS TO COME BACK TO PP!

i love both cds i listen to them regularly, and actually i was listening to isolate earlier today

i think a few more of the songs on isolate have a much more distinguished identity than the ones on the first disc.

to each their own, but its hard to find much wrong with either of the cds, you can be a bitch and pick out every detail but to be a fan of progressive metal, its hard as fuck to find something bad to say about these guys!

ppppppppppppppplllllllllllllllllllllleaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeee bring these guys back!