Classic albums from the year you were born

Originally posted by Joe Salami
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath

Man, I feel old having read this thread.
Think I'll grab my slippers and dressing gown and fall asleep in my chair with a nice warm glass of milk...

Hate to break it to you mate, but Black Sabbath wasn't even recorded until 1970.

1969 (my year):

Led Zeppelin I and II

....i have no idea what was released that year...
maybe Steppenwolf,Easybeats,Billy Thorpe(i know these were all late 60's but i don't know exactly which year

Originally posted by Goreripper

Hate to break it to you mate, but Black Sabbath wasn't even recorded until 1970.

1969 (my year):

Led Zeppelin I and II

i never realised Zep II was recorded in '69....this is my fav Zep album and contains my fav Zep song...Livin' Lovin' Maid

Okay,
i have done some research and Steppenwolf did release their debut album(featuring Born to be Wild) in 1968

However,
i was wrong about The Easybeats...they did release an album in 1968 but i don't think it would be regarded as a classic....their major hits appear to have the year before.Also,Bill Thorpe appears to have been around 1964/5 and then not until 69/70.

1974:

Kiss - Kiss
Kiss - Hotter Than Hell
AC/DC - High Voltage
Judas Priest - Rocka Rolla

That's all I can think of at the moment hehe.

Originally posted by Wrathchild
Also from 1974

Rush: Self titled
Scorpions: Fly to the Rainbow
Queen: Queen II & Sheer Heart Attack
Alice Cooper: Muscle of Love

W

I knew there was a Alice album as apparently my dad used to play all his new albums to me to keep me quite and amongst them was a new Alice album he went and bought just before i was born and that was my fav then as i would get really happy when ever he played it.

AC/DC : Highway to Hell.
Aerosmith : Night in the Ruts.
Cheap Trick: Dream Police.
The Angels : NO EXIT.
Thin Lizzy: Black Rose.
Samson: Survivors.
Judas Priest: Unleashed In the EAST.
Whitesnake : Love Hunter.
VAN HALEN : Van Halen 2
Led Zepplin : In through the Out Door.
Kiss : Dynasty.
Scorpians : Lovedrive.