Classic Arcade Games

oooh, speaking of tables....anyone remember those 'cocktail table' arcade games?
They were fairly scarce -- I can only remember seeing them at, say, Pizza Hut restaurants -- but it'd be insanely cool to have some of those.

Play for a while, dump a pizza and some Dew on it and scarf it up, play some more....the indolent lifestyle of the inveterate gamer. :lol:

oooh, speaking of tables....anyone remember those 'cocktail table' arcade games?
They were fairly scarce -- I can only remember seeing them at, say, Pizza Hut restaurants -- but it'd be insanely cool to have some of those.

Play for a while, dump a pizza and some Dew on it and scarf it up, play some more....the indolent lifestyle of the inveterate gamer. :lol:

They were quite common on the Marine bases on Okinawa around 1982-84. There were also more than a few around south Florida at that time. A man I new who made a living renting video games to establishments once asked a teenaged me to help him move one, which I agreed to. We went way back into a warehouse district to a particularly run down looking building, and I wondered why the Hell he'd place one around there. To my surprise the inside was a plushly decorated brothel. Unfortunately for the ladies the table Pacman wasn't earning enough for some odd reason, so out it went.

+1 on Tempest, Moon Patrol, Crystal Castles, Galaga. Also loved pinball....especially Eight Ball Deluxe and and oversize one called Space Invaders (looked like the monster from Alien on the backglass). Someday I'll have a pinball game in my house....

They were fairly scarce -- I can only remember seeing them at, say, Pizza Hut restaurants

They were pretty popular at bars too. You could set your drink on them while you played -- hence, the name "cocktail table".

Ahh, Gauntlet.

"Welcome, Valkyrie!"

"Elf shot the food!"

"Players' shots do not hurt other players. --Yet."

And then, when the last player is left to fight on alone and everyone else has been killed off, the game would declaim loudly, "I've not seen such bravery!!" :heh: