Classic music and Metal

Or the best of all: Mekong Delta's "Pictures At An Exhibition". The band is probably my favourite thrash metal band, and all their albums rule but in this one they just play Mussorgsky's piece on its entity. It was the band's last (?) album unfortunatelly.

Death Animal said:
thanks.:D
There were also good instrumental on Savatage:Hall of the mountain king.
I hear lots of band covering that classic. But what was the first band that made it.:err:
The first 100% metal?
I dont know for sure but Cirith Ungol covered "Toccata In D Minor" in "King Of The Dead" released in 1984.

IOfTheStorm said:
Or the best of all: Mekong Delta's "Pictures At An Exhibition". The band is probably my favourite thrash metal band, and all their albums rule but in this one they just play Mussorgsky's piece on its entity. It was the band's last (?) album unfortunatelly.

emerson lake and palmer has a famous version of picture at an exhibiton too, and a video of it also which rocks \m/

got check that version. not a new idea but i will check it cuz the piece owns.

Death Animal said:
thanks.:D
There were also good instrumental on Savatage:Hall of the mountain king.
I hear lots of band covering that classic. But what was the first band that made it.:err:

Hall of the mountain king was made by the great late Norwegian composer Edvard Grieg (1843 - 1907). In Norwegian the title means "I dovregubbens hall".

Edvard Grieg: Norwegian composer who often used folk elements from his native land. Popular works inlcude the instrumental music to Peer Gynt.

hey all i was wonderin if u guyz could be a big help man. I wanna get some sort of effects petal , one that replicates a sympony style music. If any of u have heard the children of bodom demonstration video, this is the style of melodic metal im trying to get.. If anyknow knows what can produce this symphoney sound on a distorted guitar, id appriciate the help, thanks alot guys

Neurotic said:
emerson lake and palmer has a famous version of picture at an exhibiton too, and a video of it also which rocks \m/

got check that version. not a new idea but i will check it cuz the piece owns.
As much as i like ELP doing "Pictures.." i have to say that Mekong Delta were more succesfull on it.