Classic Rock Magazine

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
Would anyone who reads this fine publication mind turning to the Playback page and sending me a PM with Reviews Editor Philip Wilding's contact details in it? I need to get in touch with him about some submissions I sent last year, but I've lost his email address :cry:

I hasten to add that I'd solve this problem and buy a copy of the mag if I could find it at my newsagent!

W

Ive got a pretty old copy I can look through to see if its there if you like? Its from nearly a year ago though, so I dont know if that would help?

It's a long and complicated story :). I saw an ad for the mag inside my reissue of Black Sabbath's Headless Cross CD and thought "Cor, I wouldn't mind writing for them!" (A mate of mine makes loads of money writing for Star Trek Monthly in the UK, so the exchange rate of pounds vs dollars is what spurred me on)

So I looked around for an issue or two to see what it was like, but couldn't find any in the pathetic newsagents I use. By sheer coincidence, I stumbled across the editor's email and sent him some stuff. He forwarded it onto the reviews editor who got back to me and asked me to write a couple more sample pieces. I did that a few months ago but never heard back from him, so now I need to follow it up :rolleyes:

W

No worries, ill dig it out when I get home and get back to you :D
(It is bloody hard to find in the shops, isnt it?)

I had an old copy of that magazine somewhere.... the first issue in fact, with Axl Rose on the front and Mick Wall's story on what really happened to inspire Axl to drop his name in Get In The Ring haha.

The back cover of that issue is an awesome ad for the Maiden remasters and they are all reviewed inside :)