Classic UK Thrash

Col_ossus

Formerly Ulster Mosher.
I always loved Xentrix way back when UK Thrash was on a high, but my second favourite UK Thrash band was Onslaught. This morning I picked up their new album "Killing Peace", and I must say, this is fucking MEGA. Well worth a check out. I already can't wait to see if they'll come back to Belfast for a gig. Onslaught gigs in Belfast are lengendary, always brutal fun, always packed, and the pits were crazy. Check them out. :headbang:

I always loved Xentrix way back when UK Thrash was on a high, but my second favourite UK Thrash band was Onslaught. This morning I picked up their new album "Killing Peace", and I must say, this is fucking MEGA. Well worth a check out. I already can't wait to see if they'll come back to Belfast for a gig. Onslaught gigs in Belfast are lengendary, always brutal fun, always packed, and the pits were crazy. Check them out. :headbang:

I think Belfast is long overdue a good gig, if they announce one let it be known and i shall be there :headbang:

SABBAT is the ebst UK tharsh band ever, ONSLAUGHT never had an identity and sounds like a second rate EXODUS on their new disc. XENTRIX was good on their debut but always failed to really live up to expectations.

xentrix ruled...they played my shitty ass town a couple of times back in the day....were fuckin awesome...specially the ghostbuters track....now where oh were are such great acts today?

.......aren't we talkin Acid Reign? :)
I sold my copy of Onslaugt "power from hell" years ago, they paid me so much, that night the drinks were on me!!!
Anyone lookin for Slammers "The work of......."or the infamous 10" from Acid Reign?? on vinyl?? give me call!!

all BS aside, there was and still is no contest to the mighty SABBAT, only original thrash act ever from the UK. ONSLAUGHT was decent but only trend followers, actually they still are, cool live band though saw them some weeks ago.

I'llsee SABBAT in April at Keep It True fest along with LAAZ ROCKIT, TANKARD, DESTRUCTOR, ARTILLERY and DIAMOND HEAD.

all BS aside, there was and still is no contest to the mighty SABBAT, only original thrash act ever from the UK. ONSLAUGHT was decent but only trend followers, actually they still are, cool live band though saw them some weeks ago.

I'llsee SABBAT in April at Keep It True fest along with LAAZ ROCKIT, TANKARD, DESTRUCTOR, ARTILLERY and DIAMOND HEAD.
I actually went and downloaded the first three Sabbat albums the other day to see what I was missing. Original? I'll agree. Mighty? We'll have to agree to disagree with each other here. I'd forgotten just how pish they really were. Took all of one listen before I deleted them from my hard drive. You can keep them. I'll stick with Onslaught and Xentrix thanks. I'll even take Acid Reign and Lawnmower Deth over them.

Lawnmower deth were the best thing ever to come out of UK thrash. Check out their video for kids in america on youtube. Fucking class.

Saw onslaught live at the marquee years ago. With that fat fuck steve grimmet (?). Was good.

Was more into xentrix - their first album was good, then they went a bit pony when doing ghostbusters etc. I saw them live at hammersmith appollo with heathen, sacred reich and sepultura on the arise tour (ah, those were the days....).

Now bolthrower, napalm death, carcass - ah, when britannia ruled the waves!

Xentrix were fucking great - "For Whose Advantage" still gets played on my mp3 player, I love it.

I don't know if it was Onslaught who had a track from their new album on one of the recent Terrorizer mags cover discs, I think it was. It fucking rocked.

Xentrix - they have few good song. But few months ago, before I've heard them first time I thought that they are more aggressive or energetic.
When I was listening to "For Whose Advantage" I was kinda dissapointed. Good album (Questions and Gillian cover are great), but It sounds like other version of Metallica's black album.

I don't think it's really similar to the Black album - it's more like a cross between that and AJFA, which is pretty good to me. Not as commercial as the Black album, not as complex as AJFA. I love it.

there is a fuckin amazing ukthrash scence developing at the moment. So many good bands. Evile are about to start recording an album with Flemming Rassmusen in denmark and Gamma Bomb are just immense

www.ukthrash.co.uk

ps my band is braw anol harhar!