Classical Guitar Projection

Jan 13, 2007
Australia, Victoria
Just wondering if anyone can help with with this. My music teacher told me that I have to project more when I play and I don't know how to go about this other than rest and free stroke. :erk:
So if anybody could give me any tips thanks in advance.

My teacher always tells me that as well... :erk: Though your teacher should really teach you how to do this if they're going to critisize you for it...

Do you use a footstool when you play, or a thighrest? (Believe it or not this is relevant...)

Apart from the fact that it's better for your posture etc. cos your feet are both on the ground and your back is straight, it helps with projection because instead of having the guitar resting on your thigh, it's being suspended by the rest. This means your leg isn't stopping the side of the guitar from resonating, and it also holds it a little more away from your body, so the back of the guitar can resonate more freely... All this gains quite a bit of projection without having to change your playing style... Then when you do tweak your technique you'll have huge projection...

on the subject of footstools im actually buying one today :D ... because my posture is becoming an issue .. and i find it really uncomfortable playing without one

For electric or classical? If it's for classical, you should definately try the 'ergo-play' thighrest instead... unfortunately they dont electric guitars though...

yeah electric man... i picked one up today for $8 and its pretty sweet makes it so much easier now to keep my technique and posture together... hmm i might check out the thigh rest tho dnt know if i ever seen them before

Stew.